Buffalo Plaid Poly Viscose Wool Free Tartan
- SKU: YSPVBP
- Categories: Buffalo Plaid, Clans and Tartans, Specialty Tartans, Specialty Tartans, Tartan Fabric, Tartan Yardage
- Tags: Made in Scotland, Poly Viscose, Rob Roy, Special-Order, Wool Free
- 65/35 Poly/Viscose Blend
- Medium Weight (11/12oz.)
- Woven in the UK
- Affordable and Hypoallergenic
- Measures 60 inches Wide
- Durable Twill Weave
- Looks just like wool!
Poly/Viscose Tartan (Medium Weight)
Once associated with Paul Bunyan and lumberjacks, it became the unofficial plaid of Christmas. Although the name buffalo plaid might trick you into thinking it’s an American invention, do a little digging and you’ll find that the buffalo plaid is actually the MacGregor Red and Black pattern. In Scotland, the pattern is associated with the folk hero Rob Roy MacGregor and the pattern there is often referred to simply as the Rob Roy.
Our Medium Weight Poly Viscose Tartan is hypoallergenic, durable, and affordable. Whether you are allergic to wool, or just want a great looking tartan for cheap, a synthetic blend is a great way to go! Our Poly/Viscose Tartan is hard wearing, washable, and cool to wear. To the untrained eye, it is nearly indistinguishable from expensive 100% wool tartan.
What are its disadvantages? Only that there are just 70 tartans available in this fabulous blend!
Because it is cut from the roll and shipped from the UK just for you, tartan yardage is not returnable, so please order a swatch first if you are unsure.
Twill weave, 60 inches wide. Woven from a 65/35 blend of polyester and viscose.
Note – this tartan does not have kilting selvages, so a hem will be required for kiltmaking.
In general, delivery time is only 3-4 weeks. Occasionally we’ll need to wait for a new batch of cloth to be woven. In this case it can take up to 12 weeks for delivery. If your order is going to be delayed, we’ll let you know!
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Sgian dubh cast in lead-free pewter and plated in palladium — fits nicely into your kilt hose
- Choose between six gemstones (black, blue, green, red, topaz, purple) — the stone has a multi-facet cut and gold foil backed
- Traditional 4-piece metalwork and designed with the thistle symbol, a symbol of Scottish nobility and valor
- Connect to your ancestry and heritage by choosing from over 250+ clan crests or generic crests (i.e., Lion, Thistle, St. Andrews, Piper, or Masonic crests)
- Custom-order your Clan Crest Plaid Brooch for an enduring heirloom that your family will treasure for generations to come
- Made from the finest quality pewter and featuring an intricate Celtic Knot design, the brooch is expertly hand-crafted in Scotland
- Choose from over 200 clan crests and five different gem colors: blue, purple, yellow, green, or red
- 2 ⅞ inch diameter, its sturdy, high-quality pin back affixes to your sash or plaid
- Braveheart double-width tartan and woven in Scotland by the same weaver as the movie
- Authentic to 13th century and woven in natural, rustic, earth-tones using medium weight (13 oz) 100% natural wool
- Great for crafts, reenactments, or use at Highland/Scotland/Celtic-themed events
- 61 inches wide with kilting selvages and priced per yard (less than a yard available upon request)
- Celebrate your family’s ancestral crest with this elegant 5-ounce flask with 24ct gold accents as unique as your clan’s honorable history
- Made in Scotland from high-quality cast pewter for added Scottish authenticity—please allow 6-10 weeks for shipping
- Includes its own funnel and arrives gift-boxed for exceptional convenience, making it the perfect gift for the proud Scot in your life—even if that’s you!
- Carry your historical family pride with you in this subtle but eye-catching accessory wherever you go and never be too far away from your favorite drink