Buffalo Plaid Poly Viscose Wool Free Tartan
- SKU: YSPVBP
- Categories: Buffalo Plaid, Clans and Tartans, Specialty Tartans, Specialty Tartans, Tartan Fabric, Tartan Yardage
- Tags: Made in Scotland, Poly Viscose, Rob Roy, Special-Order, Wool Free
- 65/35 Poly/Viscose Blend
- Medium Weight (11/12oz.)
- Woven in the UK
- Affordable and Hypoallergenic
- Measures 60 inches Wide
- Durable Twill Weave
- Looks just like wool!
Poly/Viscose Tartan (Medium Weight)
Once associated with Paul Bunyan and lumberjacks, it became the unofficial plaid of Christmas. Although the name buffalo plaid might trick you into thinking it’s an American invention, do a little digging and you’ll find that the buffalo plaid is actually the MacGregor Red and Black pattern. In Scotland, the pattern is associated with the folk hero Rob Roy MacGregor and the pattern there is often referred to simply as the Rob Roy.
Our Medium Weight Poly Viscose Tartan is hypoallergenic, durable, and affordable. Whether you are allergic to wool, or just want a great looking tartan for cheap, a synthetic blend is a great way to go! Our Poly/Viscose Tartan is hard wearing, washable, and cool to wear. To the untrained eye, it is nearly indistinguishable from expensive 100% wool tartan.
What are its disadvantages? Only that there are just 70 tartans available in this fabulous blend!
Because it is cut from the roll and shipped from the UK just for you, tartan yardage is not returnable, so please order a swatch first if you are unsure.
Twill weave, 60 inches wide. Woven from a 65/35 blend of polyester and viscose.
Note – this tartan does not have kilting selvages, so a hem will be required for kiltmaking.
In general, delivery time is only 3-4 weeks. Occasionally we’ll need to wait for a new batch of cloth to be woven. In this case it can take up to 12 weeks for delivery. If your order is going to be delayed, we’ll let you know!
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Due to supply issues in Scotland, we are not taking any new orders for this item. We will fulfill any outstanding orders as they arrive. If you have an exciting order, please know we appreciate your kind patience. We hope to be able to offer these beautiful balmorals again soon.
- Our authentic Tartan Glengarries—Spring Weight are custom-made in Scotland from your choice of over 500 tartans.
- They’re perfect for casual to formal occasions. Leave the ribbons untied for historical accuracy.
- Made with spring weight (8 oz) premium wool, they’re available in sizes small to extra large.
- These versatile pieces are made to be worn by men and women. The cap badge is not included.
- The Clan Crest Kilt Belt Buckle is made in Scotland from high-quality lead-free pewter with an antiqued finish for maximum authenticity
- Display your heritage and pride with over 200 clan crest options available
- The versatile piece fits any standard kilt belt
- The belt buckle measures 4 x 2.75 inches, so it’s sure to be noticed
- Traditional Phillabeg made with 100% wool tartan woven in Scotland
- Woven by the same weaver as the kilts in the movie Rob Roy with an authentic and rustic look
- Comes with pleating instructions for your convenience, with the option of upgrading to cheater pleats too
- Custom-made for a perfect fit, you’ll look dashing in this soft blue tartan
Made from solid, lead-free pewter, The Clan Crest Key Chain is a practical and durable accessory
Available in over 64 clan crests, this keychain features your crest and motto, with the English translation on the back
Cast by Scottish artisans for genuine authenticity
Treat yourself to an affordable accessory that also makes an ideal gift