The Solstice is on the horizon this week, marking the beginning of summer in the northern hemisphere!
To many, the day marks the beginning of cookouts, sports, and other “fun-in-the-sun” activities, though it has a deep cultural background attached to it.
Pagan religions of Europe also called this time “midsummer” or “Litha.” They marked the date in many ways, but most commonly known is with standing stones.
To celebrate, over 30,000 people will visit standing stones like Stonehenge in the UK, and the Callanish Stones in Scotland this week. Celebrations often centered on themes of growth, fertility, feasting, and merrymaking. It was told that if you were very lucky, you might even sight one of the faerie folk (or become the subject of their tricks!).
It also marks the decline in number of hours of daylight in the northern hemisphere, so be sure to soak up as much sun as possible!
Celebrate the tradition by having modern “feast” with some friends, or suit up in your utility kilt and search for the faerie folk at a National Park.
Keep an eye out for our sale and spotlight items of the week – they’ll be sure to show off your BBQ skills while helping you keep cool in the sun!
Fellow Scotsman? Check out some of our products!
- Custom-made to your measurements and nice and versatile enough for semi-formal and formal events (equivalent to a nice suit coat)
- Black silk lining with thistle silhouette motif, available in black, navy blue, burgundy, cream, and bottle green
- Made in Scotland with 100% pure new 15 oz Barathea wool
- Available in chest sizes 34 inches to 68 inches and available in short, regular, and of course long sleeve length
- Made in Scotland
- 32 Irish County Tartans
- 8 oz Wool tartan
- Child Size
- One Size Fits All
- 6-Panel Design
- Elastic Headband
- Tartan face masks featuring different tartan patterns in a comfortable wool-free material, lined with cotton for additional filtering and comfort. Durable and machine washable for easy care.
- Stays in place with lots of talking. Generally stays the most out of your mouth, allows for a snug fit to stop glasses from fogging. Ideal for those looking for both style and seal.
- Wallet-friendly and eco-friendly reusable non-medical mask filters out bacteria and viruses while showcasing your favorite Scottish tartan patterns.
- Adjustable straps and two different fit options small/medium and large/XLarge, Each area can be extended and shaped to better mold to your face. Highly customizable to fit a wide variety of faces.
- Small/Medium: 2 3/4″ Tall, 8″ Wide, 6.5″ Nose to Chin. Large/XLarge: 3.5″ Tall, 8.5″ Wide, 8″ Nose to Chin