Khaki Military-Style Balmoral/Tam
- SKU: AHB02
- Categories: Hats and Hackles, Seasonal Collections, Ren Fair Collection, Accessories, Clothing and Kilts, Tartan Day Essentials
- Tag: Wool
- The Khaki Military-Style Balmoral – also known as a tam – is a durable, versatile accessory made of 100% felted wool
- World War II military tam style makes for a striking complement to Celtic dress
- Available in sizes 6.75-8, so you can choose the perfect fit for you; be advised that sizes run small
- Toorie (pom pom) on the top of the hat provides authentic Scottish, British, and Canadian WWII military style
- Color may vary
Size 6.75 | 54cm | 21 7/8”
Size 7 | 56cm | 21 7/8”
Size 7.25 | 58cm | 22.5/8”
Size 77.5 | 60cm | 23 1/2″
Size 7.75 | 62cm | 24 1/5″
Size 8 | 64cm | 25”
The Khaki Military-Style Balmoral harkens back to a proud tradition of service and bravery. We drew our style inspiration from the Khaki Balmoral, a form of military headdress. It was introduced in 1915 for wear by Scottish infantrymen serving in the trenches of the Western Front during World War I. To this day, certain British and Canadian military units, as well as the Royal Regiment of Scotland, continue to wear this style of “bonnet,” as it’s sometimes called. “Khaki” refers to this hat’s traditional tan color, although it can range in color from light brown to olive drab. The Celtic Croft take on the classic is toward a green.
6 3/4, 7, 7 1/8, 7 1/4, 7 3/8, 7 1/2, 7 5/8, 7 3/4, 8
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Made in Scotland
- Made from Light Weight (11oz) Premium Wool
- One Size Fits All with an Elastic Headband
- 6-Panel Design
- The 100% Felted Wool Glengarry is available in plain black, navy blue, green, or red-and-white dicing.
- It’s embellished with grosgrain ribbon on the back and a pom on top. Folds flat to fit in your pocket.
- Available in hat sizes 6.75-8. Refer to chart for measurements.
- The Glengarry is authentic traditional Scottish wear that dates back to 1812. It’s perfect for classic Scottish uniform wear.
- Display your Welsh heritage with pride with this cap that is full of Welsh symbolism
- Red embroidery throughout with “Wales” and Welsh dragon on the front, “Cyrmu” on the back, and Welsh flag on the side
- One size fits most (up to 21 inches-25 inches around) and is adjustable with velcro strap
- Black baseball cap with white embroidery on the left side and front bill
- Make a statement the next time you go out. Display your Scottish pride while staying fashionable, no matter the occasion!
- Available in over 80 tartans, the perfect way to accent any outfit with a Celtic flair. The Sash measures 54 inches by 9 inches
- Lightweight and comfortable, this set will look great and essential during spring, fall, or even summer days.
- Made from our signature homespun fabric to produce a classic, authentic look
- The drawstring in the back of the Tam makes it the right fit for everyone – Great for couples, one for each!