Khaki Military-Style Balmoral/Tam
- The Khaki Military-Style Balmoral – also known as a tam – is a durable, versatile accessory made of 100% felted wool
- World War II military tam style makes for a striking complement to Celtic dress
- Available in sizes 6.75-8, so you can choose the perfect fit for you; be advised that sizes run small
- Toorie (pom pom) on the top of the hat provides authentic Scottish, British, and Canadian WWII military style
The Khaki Military-Style Balmoral harkens back to a proud tradition of service and bravery. We drew our style inspiration from the Khaki Balmoral, a form of military headdress. It was introduced in 1915 for wear by Scottish infantrymen serving in the trenches of the Western Front during World War I. To this day, certain British and Canadian military units, as well as the Royal Regiment of Scotland, continue to wear this style of “bonnet,” as it’s sometimes called. “Khaki” refers to this hat’s traditional tan color, although it can range in color from light brown to olive drab. The Celtic Croft take on the classic is toward a green.
6 3/4, 7, 7 1/8, 7 1/4, 7 3/8, 7 1/2, 7 5/8, 7 3/4, 8
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Scottish-made with 15 oz heavyweight wool Barathea with a black silk lining with a thistle silhouette
- Classic and simple; perfect for any semi-formal and formal Scottish occasion
- Choose between three sleeve sizes: short, regular, and long; select one of three deep jewel tones: navy blue, bottle green, and burgundy
- Available in chest sizes 30-68
- Available in over 80 tartans. Add some spice to your fall and winter outerwear with this set of two
- Made in the USA from 55/45 Poly/wool blend. The perfect addition to any closet.
- No matter the occasion, a Tam and Shawl will make an impression!
- The drawstring means no worrying if the Tam will fit.
- The Tartan Shawl measures 54” x 54” for durable practicality and warmth
- Inspired by the Scots Bonnets, or Tam O’Shanter, worn in the hit show Outlander: The Series and those worn by Scottish workmen in the 16th century
- One size fits all with a drawstring
- Choose between three rustic colors to match your favorite tartan: Dark Brown, Light Brown, and Highland Grey
- Made of 100% synthetic, water-resistant fleece; soft, comfortable, and feels like premium wool