Rob Roy Movie Tartan Great Kilt
- SKU: KGRR
- Categories: Clans and Tartans, Clothing and Kilts, Great Kilts, Great Kilts, Kilts, Ren Fair Collection, Rob Roy, Scottish Tartan Kilts, Seasonal Collections, Specialty Tartan, Specialty Tartans
- Tags: Custom-Order, Rob Roy, Wool
- The Rob Roy Movie Tartan Great Kilt features a plain-weave tartan from the Scottish weavers behind the film’s kilts.
- This kilt marries the best in authentic Scottish weaving with made-in-America craftsmanship–authenticity and excellent quality combine for certain, genuine rusticity.
- Its width ranges between 25 and 30 inches, or approximately the same length when worn.
- We cut the fabric to your measurements for an ideal fit around the waist.
$395.00 – $665.00
Rob Roy Movie Tartan Great Kilt
Boasting authentic Scottish weaving, the Rob Roy Movie Tartan Great Kilt offers an ancient highland look. We provide a customized fit, which means you can wear this piece with confidence at your next Renaissance Faire or re-enactment. Although the great kilt itself is crafted here in the US, the plain-weave Rob Roy tartan comes from Scotland’s weavers who created the tartans in the film. It’s made from 13oz (medium weight) fabric, woven 60 inches wide. Pleat it yourself, or customize it by selecting our Cheater Pleats™. It is a specialized order, so please allow 2 to 4 weeks of delivery.
A 4-yard kilt will fit up to about a 38-inch waist, a 5-yard kilt will fit up to about a 48-inch waist, and a 6-yard kilt will fit up to about a 60-inch waist. If you are larger than this please contact us for pricing on larger kilts. Also, If your waist size is close to one of these limits, consider the next size larger if you want deeper pleats or pleats closer together. For example:
If you have a 34-inch waist, a 4 yd greatkilt will have pleats 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 3-4 inches deep. A 5 yd greatkilt will have pleats approximately 1 inch wide and 3-4 inches deep or 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 6-8 inches deep. In this example, a 6 yd greatkilt would be overkill with a 34-inch waist, but it would have pleats about 1 inch wide and 6-8 inches deep.
How to measure for your Greatkilt:
- Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
- Measure from your waist to about the middle of the knee.
Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurement will change.
Note — The length measurement is really only relevant if you are adding Cheater Pleats™, but the form above asks for it regardless, so you might as well do it right!
|Great Kilt Size||
4 Yard Great Kilt, 5 Yard Great Kilt, 6 Yard Great Kilt
|Waist Size (Inches)||
26W, 27W, 28W, 29W, 30W, 31W, 32W, 33W, 34W, 35W, 36W, 37W, 38W, 39W, 40W, 41W, 42W, 43W, 44W, 45W, 46W, 47W, 48W, 49W, 50W, 51W, 52W, 53W, 54W, 55W, 56W, 57W, 58W, 59W, 60W
18L, 19L, 20L, 21L, 22L, 23L, 24L, 25L, 26L
4ft 11in, 5ft 0in, 5ft 1in, 5ft 2in, 5ft 3in, 5ft 4in, 5ft 5in, 5ft 6in, 5ft 7in, 5ft 8in, 5ft 9in, 5ft 10in, 5ft 11in, 6ft 0in, 6ft 1in, 6ft 2in, 6ft 3in, 6ft 4in, 6ft 5in, 6ft 6in
No Pleats, Pleat to Sett, Pleat to Stripe, Box Pleats
Do not iron, Lightly ironed, Crisply ironed
|Straps and Buckles||
No Straps or Buckles, Add Straps and Buckles
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- The Braveheart Ancient Kilt is the same rustic tartan–authentically woven in Scotland– featured in the movie Braveheart
- This kilt is sewn right here in the US and wears lighter, cooler, more comfortably than wool typically does
- It’s custom-made just for you and available in 6, 8, and 10 yard lengths to accommodate different waist sizes
- Please allow 1-2- weeks for delivery for this bit o’ rugged highland style to arrive at your door
- Affordable, durable option made with hypoallergenic acrylic fiber makes the Irish Tartan AcryliKilt a perfect first kilt that is easy to care for
- This cool and lightweight kilt in Irish tartan is an ideal choice for summer months and for those with an active lifestyle
- Tough with a high-quality appearance, this kilt is made for versatility. It includes belt loops, three straps, and a buckle
- This kilt comes with our Right Fit™ Guarantee, meaning an affordable, comfortable, and well-fitting kilt is within reach
- Tartan Woven in Scotland
- Medium Weight 12/13 oz Premium Wool Tartan
- 4 Yard (fits up to a 38″ waist)
- 5 Yard (fits up to a 48″ waist)
- 6 Yard (fits up to a 60″ waist)
- Premium wool and authentic Scottish craftsmanship for authentic wear and appearance
- Tailored to fit your measurements, the Celtic Croft’s Right Fit™ Guarantee makes for a worry-free ordering process
- Choose from several Irish tartans for optimal customized design
- 4 to 5 yards of fabric with machine-stitched, shallow pleats for a multifaceted garment. Wear this kilt proudly to a variety of occasions for years to come