Damascus Sgian Achlais with Rosewood and Olivewood Grip
- SKU: WSZ12
- Categories: Weaponry, Sgian Achlais, Ren Fair Collection, Dirks and Daggers
- Tag: Damascus
- Channel your inner Highland warrior with the Damascus Sgian Achlais with Rosewood and Olivewood Grip, perfect for authentic Celtic outfits.
- The Sgian Achlais comes with a fine quality leather sheath, brass inlaid hilt, and rosewood and olivewood grip.
- A leather loop on the back side of the sheath attaches to a cord, rope, or standard belt.
- The Damascus steel blade measures 4½ inches, and the entire knife measures 9 inches.
Only 3 left in stock
This is our coolest dagger! The sgian dubh was for utility, but the sgian achlais (armpit dagger) was a weapon. It was usually concealed under the arm and was possibly slung with a strap or cord or tucked into a great kilt.
Each knife has a 4½ inch Damascus steel blade with the entire knife measuring 9 inches. The fine quality leather sheath, brass-inlaid hilt, and rosewood/olivewood grip give it a historic feel.
The sheath’s backside has a leather loop so it can attach to a strap, cord, or belt (but the loop is not wide enough for a kilt belt).
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- 8.5” Damascus blade brass-inlaid in rosewood for additional grip; smaller than a typical dirk
- Includes fine-quality leather sheath, weapon’s disclaimer, and care instructions to keep you safe
- Ornate embellishments of gold and silver color throughout the rosewood; compliments any Celtic outfit elegantly
- Style of dirk a historical blade used for hand-to-hand combat for officers in the Age of Sail as well as Highlanders
- Handcrafted in Scotland with thistle metalwork design with the Masonic symbol of the compass and square
- Traditional 4-piece metalwork, cast in lead-free pewter and plated in palladium
- Multi-faceted and gold foil backed stone on the handle with your choice of blue, amber, green, purple, and red stone
- Stainless steel blade that comes with an attractive presentation box (perfect for gift giving!)