Damascus Sgian Achlais with Rosewood and Olivewood Grip
- SKU: WSZ12
- Categories: Weaponry, Sgian Achlais, Ren Fair Collection, Dirks and Daggers
- Tag: Damascus
- Channel your inner Highland warrior with the Damascus Sgian Achlais with Rosewood and Olivewood Grip, perfect for authentic Celtic outfits.
- The Sgian Achlais comes with a fine quality leather sheath, brass inlaid hilt, and rosewood and olivewood grip.
- A leather loop on the back side of the sheath attaches to a cord, rope, or standard belt.
- The Damascus steel blade measures 4½ inches, and the entire knife measures 9 inches.
This is our coolest dagger! The sgian dubh was for utility, but the sgian achlais (armpit dagger) was a weapon. It was usually concealed under the arm and was possibly slung with a strap or cord or tucked into a great kilt.
Each knife has a 4½ inch Damascus steel blade with the entire knife measuring 9 inches. The fine quality leather sheath, brass-inlaid hilt, and rosewood/olivewood grip give it a historic feel.
The sheath’s backside has a leather loop so it can attach to a strap, cord, or belt (but the loop is not wide enough for a kilt belt).
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Each Stag Handle Sgian Dubh is unique.
- It’s hand-carved in Scotland by highly skilled craftsmen from the antler of a red stag.
- We pair this piece with a stainless steel blade and embossed leather sheath.
- The perfect accessory to complete your Celtic outfit, it tucks nicely into kilt hose.
- Well-made Sgian Dubh made in Scotland with 3.5 inches real Damascus steel blade
- Genuine stag antler handle for a unique and one of a kind authentic look
- Comes with a leather sheath embossed with a traditional Celtic knot design
- Perfect for collectors, practical use, and traditional reenactments