Brian Baru Jacket and Vest
- SKU: AJBB
- Categories: Jackets and Vests, Kilt Shirts and Jackets
- Tags: Custom-Order, Made in Scotland, Wool
- Brian Baru Jacket and Vest, made in Scotland from 100% Barathea wool for Celtic authenticity
- Jacket and vest feature a rounded cut to convey distinctive Irish style at black-tie affairs
- Wear with a kilt or trousers and other formal accessories for ultimate Hibernian sophistication
- Custom-made to your measurements and available in an array of sizes in short, long, and regular for an elegant fit
$449.00 – $494.00
Brian Boru Jacket and Vest
If you want to wear your kilt to a formal or black-tie event, the Brian Baru Jacket and Vest will stand you in good stead. Channel nobility of the legendary king of ancient Irish lore, Brian Baru, with these garments’ sophisticated rounded cut. We source these 100% Barathea wool pieces from Scotland for genuine Celtic sophistication. Moreover, you can wear them with either a kilt or trousers for maximum versatility.
Of course, the key to elegant formalwear is fit. That’s why this is a custom piece, available in a range of sizes in short, long, and regular fit.
Available in sizes 38-56 short, regular, and long (sizes 48-52 add $35, sizes 54-56 add $45) Larger sizes are available upon request, please call for more information. See below for measuring instructions.
Jacket Measuring Instructions
The instructions below are going to differ from what you may have read elsewhere, but in our experience are going to result in the best fit. You can also order based on a jacket you already own that fits well or go to a men’s store to be professionally measured.
- Extend your arms straight out from your body. Take a full breath and hold it. Have someone measure you around your chest under your arms. Lower your arms to your side and measure your chest. The larger of these two is your chest measurement which is your jacket size *.
- Strange but true: Your shoe size will determine your arm length. If you wear a size 9 or smaller, your jacket will be a SHORT. Shoe size 9-11 order a REGULAR. Larger than 11 order a LONG.
* A potential exception to this rule is if you have earned yourself a good size beer gut. If so, you might want to get a relaxed belly measurement as well. If your chest measurement is smaller than your belly measurement, you might want to go with the belly measurement as your jacket size. Your jacket will be looser in the shoulder, but comfortably fit your beer gut.
38 Regular, 38 Long, 38 Short, 40 Regular, 40 Long, 40 Short, 42 Regular, 42 Long, 42 Short, 44 Regular, 44 Long, 44 Short, 46 Regular, 46 Long, 46 Short, 48 Regular, 48 Long, 48 Short, 50 Regular, 50 Long, 50 Short, 52 Long, 52 Regular, 52 Short, 54 Long, 54 Regular, 54 Short, 56 Long, 56 Regular, 56 Short
Black, Bottle Green
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- The Scottish equivalent of a nice sports coat and vest and is considered to be less formal than a Prince Charlie jacket
- Made with 100% Barathea wool and available in black, navy blue, bottle green, and burgundy
- Made in Scotland and custom-made to fit you just right (allow 6-12 weeks for delivery)
- Available in chest sizes 38-56 and long, regular, or short sleeve length. It is warm and durable
- Made in Scotland
- 100% Barathea Wool
- Black or Bottle Green
- Sizes 38-56 Short, Regular, or Long
- Larger Sizes Available upon Request
- Made in Scotland with heavyweight (19 oz) Barathea wool and black silk lining with a charming Scottish thistle motif
- The Scottish equivalent of a tuxedo and perfect for formal or dress occasions such as a wedding
- Available in black, navy blue, bottle green, cream, and burgundy
- Choose between short, regular, and long length sleeves and available in chest sizes 34 inches to 68 inches
Discontinued – Available while supplies last.
- Rustic Highland lace-up kilt shirt; the perfect complement to a Renaissance, Highland, or Outlander themed-outfit
- Not your standard Jacobite shirt; collarless with a split front with laces and button closures at the wrist
- Cool and comfortable; made with 100% sturdy cotton
- Comes in sizes M – XXL, Black or Cream
What our customers say about this shirt
Excellent, high-quality, rough fabric, and the garment’s construction is solid… the pleating on the sleeves is really something. Some customers have said that the sleeves were a bit short and the shoulders were a little bit tight, so they ordered up in size. If you are worried about this issue, we recommend ordering 1 size larger than your standard t-shirt size.