Homespun Wool Blend Tartan Fly Plaid
- SKU: AFPHS
- Categories: Fly Plaids, Ready to Ship Tartan Gifts
- Tags: Custom-Order, Homespun, Wool Blend
- Our Homespun fly plaid handmade in the USA.
- It features an authentic and historically accurate looking light weight fabric.
- This fly plaid matches our casual kilts, formal kilts, and phillabegs to complete your outfit.
- Choose from 90+ ancient and modern tartan, both clan and non-clan.
$60.00 – $215.00
Custom made just for you, these wool-blend tartan fly plaids are the perfect addition to our casual kilts, formal kilts, and Phillabegs. Brooched at the shoulder and allowed to drape down the back, fly plaids are perfect for formal Celtic attire. These authentic fly plaids are woven with a wool-blend fabric and made in the USA. Show off your Scottish heritage with your clan tartan, or choose between 90+ other options to match your kilt, customizing your fringe to how you want it too! With both standard and extra-large sizes, you’ll be able to find the perfect fly plaid to fit your needs.
Handwoven on old-world looms, our signature and budget-friendly homespun tartan has a more authentic and historically accurate look than modern, machine-made tartan and creates a rustic, looser weave.
|Homespun Tartan List O||
Anderson Modern, Armstrong Modern, Baird Ancient, Black Watch (Campbell) Ancient, Black Watch (Campbell) Modern, Black Watch (Campbell) Weathered, Boyd Modern, Brown Watch Modern, Bruce Modern, Buchanan Hunting Modern, Buchanan Modern, Buchanan Muted (MacGregor Hastie Variant), Burnett Modern, Burns Check Modern, Caledonia District Ancient, Cameron Modern, Cameron of Erracht Modern, Clark Ancient, Colquhoun Ancient, Crawford Modern, Davidson Modern, Douglas Modern, Farquharson Modern, Ferguson Ancient, Fraser Hunting Weathered, Fraser Red Dress Modern, Gordon Dress Modern, Gordon Modern, Graham of Montrose Ancient, Graham of Montrose Modern, Gunn Ancient, Gunn Modern, Hamilton Grey, Hamilton Modern, Henderson Modern, Irish Green (Non-Clan), Isle of Skye, Johnstone Modern, Keith Ancient, Lamont Ancient, LGBT Pride, Lindsay Modern, MacCallum Modern, MacDonald Ancient, MacDonald Modern, MacFarlane Modern, MacGregor Modern, MacKay Ancient, MacKay Modern, MacKenzie Ancient, MacKenzie Modern, MacKenzie Weathered, MacKintosh Modern, MacLaren Modern, MacLean Hunting Modern, MacLean of Duart Weathered, MacLeod Dress (Lewis) Modern, MacLeod Hunting (Harris) Modern, MacMillan Modern, MacNeil of Barra Hunting Ancient, MacNeil of Barra Hunting Modern, MacPherson of Cluny (Red) Modern, MacQueen Modern, Masonic (Freemason), Moffat Modern, Morrison Green Modern, Murray of Atholl Modern, Night Watch, Pride of Scotland, Rob Roy, Robertson Hunting Ancient, Robertson Red Modern, Ross Hunting Modern, Saffron, Saint Patrick, Scott Brown Hunting Modern, Scottish National, Sinclair Hunting Green Ancient, Smith Modern, Solid Black, Solid Blue, Solid Green, Spirit of Highlander, Spirit of Scotland, Stewart Black Modern, Stewart Dress Modern, Stewart Hunting Modern, Stewart Royal Modern, Thompson Camel, Thomson Dress (Blue), Ulster Red Modern, US Air Force (Unofficial), US Army, US Coast Guard, US Marine Corps (Leatherneck), US Navy, Wallace Red Modern, Young Modern
|Fly Plaid Size||
Standard (36 x 54 Inch), XL (54 x 54 Inch)
Standard Fringe (4 Sides), Deep Fringe (4 Sides), Knotted (4 Sides)
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Light, comfortable, allows for freedom of movement and perfect for summer or warm weather
- Made in the USA by a highly skilled kiltmaker and homespun on an old-world loom for an authentic look
- Made with a 55/45 poly/wool and weighs 9 oz but feels heavier
- Choose between several clan and non-clan tartans and available in 4, 5, or 6 yards
- Made in Scotland
- For Formal Occasions
- 3.5 Yards Long
- One Pleated and Stitched End
- Medium Weight (12-13 oz.)
- Premium Wool Tartan
- Fine Purled Edges
- Recommended as an accessory to match your kilt
- Brooched at the shoulder and allowed to drape down the back
- Woven in Scotland – Made by us in the U.S.A.
- Your choice of lengths and finishes to match your style
- Homespun great kilt made in-house from our in-stock homespun poly/wool double width 52 inch-54 inch tartan; an authentic-looking option to a traditional woven kilt
- Customizable for your preferred size, shape, and desired pleats — 4 yards, 5 yards, and 6 yards available
- Double-width tartan provides added customizability—wrap it up over your shoulder in the rain or create folds to store your flask
- Add Cheater Pleats™ to keep things simple or feel the authenticity while you pleat it yourselves like your ancestors.
- 4 Yard (fits up to a 38-inch waist)
- 5 Yard (fits up to a 48-inch waist)
- 6 Yard (fits up to a 60-inch waist)