Strange Old Scots Customs and Superstitions
The Scots have always had many superstitions. Our superstitious ancestors believed lots of stuff that most people find strange by today’s standards. However, you’ll be surprised to learn how much of the old beliefs have survived! Adapted from “Old Scottish Customs: Local and General” by E J Guthrie, published in 1885. Illustrated by John MacKay. 74 pages, soft-cover, printed in Scotland. Measures 5 1/4″ x 8 1/4″.
- Printed in Scotland
- Measures 5.25″ x 8.25″
- 74 Pages
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- How the water of life had its origins in mystic medieval times in ancient Caledonia.
- How bold smugglers risked life and limb to escape the dreaded customs men.
- The real story behind the fortuitous shipwreck of Whisky Galore!
- A tour of the top distilleries
- And much, much more
- Measures 8″ x 11″
- 96 Pages
- 142 pages with over 70 color illustrations.
- 200+ black and white line drawings and photographs.
- Well-explained instructions for every step.
- Clear, large, and complete illustrations for every step.
- Spiral-bound so the open book lies flat for easy reference.b