Stories of the Highland Clearances
The brutal betrayal of the Scots. This true story of 19th century Scotland, a time of cruelty and deception, will stir the blood and arouse both anger and pride.
Man’s inhumanity to man is brought sharply into focus as entire communities are swept away so that the land can be sold to southern sheep farmers. Betrayed by their clan chiefs and clergy, families are scattered to every corner of the globe.
Lorie’s description of this book is “depressing, but fascinating”.
127 pages, soft-cover, printed in Scotland. Measures 5 1/4″ x 8 1/4″.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- A guide to ancestral tartans Tartan For Me! (9th Edition) written by Philip D. Smith, Jr. (Ph.D., FSTS, GTS, FSA Scot)
- This book offers tartan history for thousands of surnames and is the 9th Edition of this volume researched in 2011
- Softcover book with 249 pages that provides supplemental maps for additional clues for your family history and color significance
- Uncover your family’s history for thousands of Scottish, Cornish, Welsh, Manx, Irish, and non-Celtic surnames
- Includes the informative Whiskypedia book and two specialized whisky glasses
- Written by Charles MacLean who is said to be Scotlands leading Whisky expert
- Color Photos of Each Bottle of Whisky
- 383 Pages, Soft cover
- Scotch Whisky—All You Need To Know. If you love Scotch Whisky, you absolutely need this comprehensive guide
- Hundreds of vivid full-color images to whet your appetite for Scotch (as if your appetite needs any whetting)
- Ever wanted to tour a distillery? This guide features hundreds of pictures and articles of the top distilleries and more
- Learn the truth behind the legends. From the origins of Scotch to the smugglers that risked their lives, to the shipwreck of the S/S Politician (AKA the Whisky Galore)