OUTLANDER 5 Yard Poly/Viscose Tartan Kilt
5 Yard Casual Kilts made from the officially Licensed OUTLANDER: The Series Poly/Viscose Tartans!
These poly/viscose tartans are a wool-free version of the tartans created for, and worn by your favorite characters, in OUTLANDER The Series! Now you can have your very own OUTLANDER poly/viscose kilt!
Our OUTLANDER poly/viscose Casual Kilt is a really nice looking kilt! If you want an excellent quality, modern-style kilt. Hand crafted in Scotland from medium weight (12/13oz) OUTLANDER poly/viscose synthetic blend tartan. Constructed just like their premium wool counterparts.
- Tailor-made to your measurements
- Medium weight (12/13oz.) 100% Poly/Viscose tartan
- Fully lined, 3 straps and buckles with belt loops
- Right Fit™ Guarantee
About The Material
Whether you are allergic to wool, or just want a great looking tartan for less than premium wool, our OUTLANDER synthetic blend is a great way to go! Our Poly/Viscose Tartan is hard wearing and cool to wear. To the untrained eye it is nearly indistinguishable from expensive 100% wool tartan. Scottish millers weave the OUTLANDER tartans as a hopsack plain weave with a wash only, to give it that natural look. The weight of the fabric is 12oz, with a finished selvage. Scottish millers in the UK weave the tartan that we then use to make each OUTLANDER poly/viscose Plaid in the USA.
Our OUTLANDER poly/viscose Casual Kilt is a really nice looking kilt! If you want an excellent quality, modern-style kilt, without spending as much money, our OUTLANDER Poly/Viscose Casual Kilt is a great option! Our OUTLANDER Poly/Viscose Casual Kilts are made in Scotland, and are constructed just like their premium wool counterparts.
Nearly identical in appearance to the more expensive formal kilts, casual kilts are machine stitched instead of hand stitched (less traditional, but in our opinion actually more durable), and made with less tartan. The average casual kilt is made from 4-5 yards of fabric compared to 8-9 yards in a formal kilt. The end result is a kilt with pleats that are shallower and wider, but still looks great.
- Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurements will change.
- Measure your waist size in inches at the navel (belly button). This is the traditional kilt waist. Alternatively, many men prefer to wear their Casual Kilts at the pants waist. If this is what you choose, then measure comfortably around your waist where the top of your pants rest. Or, If you intend to wear your kilt mostly for formal occasions, and you have a bit more around the middle than you might like to have, you may want to measure a little higher than the navel to get over the crest of the “beer gut”. The higher waist is more formal, but it will help your kilt stay up where it belongs.
- Measure around your hips at the fullest point (usually 6-8 inches below the waist).
- Measure from your desired kilt waist to about the middle of the knee.
Your Kilt is Guaranteed to Fit!
Our goal is to make the ordering of your kilt as stress free and enjoyable as possible. We know it’s a big commitment to spend hundreds of dollars on a custom-made kilt. The last thing you need to worry about is whether or not your kilt will fit you like it should. So, to put you at ease, we are willing to guarantee your kilt will fit! Please see our Right Fit™ Guarantee for all the details.
We look forward to handling your kilt order! Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions. (Also, we would love to have some feedback from you if our fit guarantee helped you to make your decision to order.) Thanks!
Please Note — Our OUTLANDER product licensing agreement allows us to ship Outlander products to U.S. and Canadian addresses only. For more information, please see our International Shipping Information Page.
TM & © 2019 Sony Pictures Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.