Rustic Wood Handled Sgian Dubh – Black Sheath
- Measures 7.5 inches overall with a 4 inch blade
- Rustic wood handle and an authentic made-in-Scotland black sheath
- Traditionally tucked into the top of the kilt hose and worn on the same side as the dominant hand
- Old-fashioned look; pair with a great kilt or ancient kilt or wear it to a historical event
Measuring 7.5 inches with a 4” blade, this quality sheath was made in Scotland. The aged look will complement any great kilt or ancient kilt. You will feel like you’ve traveled back in time with the rustic wood handle.
Part of an authentic Scottish outfit, the Sgian Dubh was worn tucked into the top of a kilt hose and used to prepare and eat biadh (food). It is worn on the same side as your dominant hand. Historians theorize that the secondary meaning of dubh (hidden) is used as the handle of the Sgian Dubh was the only part showing.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- The Bollock Dagger it suggests male anatomy and was traditionally used as a peasant utility knife in Scotland from the 1300s (similar to a dirk)
- It comes with a 7-inch stainless steel blade that measures 12 inches overall with a real wood handle
- Customize by upgrading to a good-quality black or brown leather sheath
- Add an interesting (if slightly bawdy) part of history to your collection. It also works as a fun conversation starter
- Each Stag Handle Sgian Dubh is unique.
- It’s hand-carved in Scotland by highly skilled craftsmen from the antler of a red stag.
- We pair this piece with a stainless steel blade and embossed leather sheath.
- The perfect accessory to complete your Celtic outfit, it tucks nicely into kilt hose.
- Well-made Sgian Dubh made in Scotland with 3.5 inches real Damascus steel blade
- Genuine stag antler handle for a unique and one of a kind authentic look
- Comes with a leather sheath embossed with a traditional Celtic knot design
- Perfect for collectors, practical use, and traditional reenactments