MacBeth Modern Tartan 4 Yard Earasaid – Poly/Viscose Wool Free
- SKU: EARA-IS-2519
- Categories: Clearance and Specials, Clearance Ladieswear, A-Z by Name or Tartan, LIST M, Clearance Tartan Stuff, Assorted Tartan Stuff, Clearance Kilted Skirts
- Tags: Made in UK, Poly Viscose, Wool Free
2.5 yrd, $139
3 yrd, $160
4 yrd, $205
Only 1 left in stock
Poly/Viscose (Wool Free) Earasaid
The earasaid (aka erasaid or arisaid) is essentially the women’s version of the greatkilt. Worn over an under-dress, the earasaid can be very versatile. It can be worn long or short, for warmth or for style. The perfect compliment to any period costume. Pleating instructions are included with each earasaid.
We make these earasaids from light weight (10/11 oz.) poly/viscose tartan, woven from a 65/35 blend of polyester and viscose. Whether you are allergic to wool, or just want a great looking tartan for less, a poly/viscose synthetic blend earasaid is a great way to go! Hard wearing, washable, and cool to wear, to the untrained eye it is nearly indistinguishable from expensive 100% wool tartan. While the weave is not as authentic as Homespun tartan, many people appreciate the crisp look of the modern tartan fabrics in a an earasaid. With about about 60 tartans available to choose from, it’s the most affordable option for many tartans.
NOTE: (most) poly/viscose tartans are not woven with a kilting selvage, so the bottom edge of the earasaid will (probably) be hemmed, and the top edge will be fringed. Approximately 58 inches finished width.
The earasaid has less fabric in it than a great kilt. Why? Because the earasaid generally doesn’t wrap completely around the front like a greatkilt, and it has less pleats. An earasaid usually has just a few large pleats in the back ? sometimes even just bunched-up instead of pleated. I say “generally” and “usually” because the earasaid is so very versatile ? you can wear it however you want.
We make three different sizes of earasaid (2.5 yd, 3 yd, and 4 yd). There are two basic ways you can choose to wear an earasaid. Which size you choose depends on your waist size, and how you want to wear your earasaid.
Method #1: The earasaid will be worn from knee to mid-calf length (maximum of about 27″ long). You should be able to bring fabric over one shoulder or both, and brooch it in front. You should have plenty of pleats, and enough fabric meet in the front, or overlap a bit if you want it to. A 2.5 yard earasaid will fit up to about a 34 inch waist, a 3 yard earasaid will fit up to about a 40 inch waist, and a 4 yard earasaid will fit 40+ inch waist sizes.
Method #2: The earasaid will be worn floor length. You should be able to bring fabric up over your head if you want to, and brooch it like a hooded cloak. Worn this way you’ll be limited by the width of the fabric. You can make your earasaid fit almost any waist size, but you’ll have only a few pleats, and just enough fabric meet in the front (maybe). This method works best with a 2.5 yd earasaid. You can make it work a 3 or (maybe) 4 yard earasaid, but you end up with too much fabric to deal with above your head and shoulders.
Pleating instructions are included with each earasaid. Because it’s so versatile, we would encourage you to pleat it yourself each time you wear it. That way you can change the length and style or number of pleats any time you want to.
What is Poly/Viscose?
Poly is short for polyester, which is a durable, smooth, synthetic fiber. You may know viscose by the name rayon. Workers make rayon from cellulose fiber, which comes from wood and plants. In this case, the viscose is made to imitate wool. These two fibers blend together to create a durable, non-felting, non-pilling, hypoallergenic fabric that retains the same wonderful, natural aesthetics of wool.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
Discontinued – Available While Supplies Last
- Our Women’s Suede Knee High Boots, made by Minnetonka Moccasins, offer stylish comfort
- Style these extremely versatile boots with nearly any kilt, casual Highland dress, cosplay, or your favorite jeans
- Available in a range of sizes from 6 to 10
- Customize by adding fringe and choosing from three colors: black, brown, or tan
- Adapted from “Old Scottish Customs: Local and General” by E J Guthrie, published in 1885 and illustrated by John MacKay
- A fun and educational read and features 74 pages in a softcover format
- Outlines the history of Scottish customs and superstitions, including which ones survive to our day
- Learn more about your heritage. Measures 5.25 inches x 8.25 inches
- Made in Scotland using cast pewter
- Intricate Celtic knot and weave design—with no beginning or end, it represents eternity
- Sturdy and solid construction gives it a good weight
- Measures 3.5 inches by 2.63 inches and fits any standard kilt measuring 2.5 inches wide
- Kids-size Jacobite kilt shirt made in Scotland
- 100% white cotton keeps your kids cool and comfortable all day long
- Features lace-up fronts with grommets and matches our adult’s premium kilt shirt
- Choose from ages 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 for the right fit