Irish Green Homespun Irish Great Kilt – 44W 19.5L 5 Yard
- SKU: KILT-IS-2611
- Categories: Clearance and Specials, A-Z by Name or Tartan, LIST I, Clearance Kilts, Off the Rack Specials – Quality Kilts
- Tag: Wool Blend
Only 1 left in stock
Homespun Irish Great Kilt
Our Homespun Great Kilts are made in the USA from Homespun tartan wool blend. Perfect for Renaissance festivals, Renaissance weddings, casual wear, Irish fairs and Highland games. Our Homespun tartan is made from a 55/45 blend of polyester and wool. Homespun tartan is woven 52″-54″ wide. It is woven by hand on old-world looms, and looks very authentic to what would have been woven historically. The yarn is worsted, but not spun as tightly as modern machine-made tartan. The cloth is also not as tightly woven. Homespun tartan will pleat by hand easily, but will not develop a sharp edge. Small snags, pulls, holes and other assorted blemishes are common. Because it is hand woven, these flaws are a natural part of it’s character. Homespun is approximately a 9/10oz. fabric, but feels thicker due to it’s looser weave.
A 4 yard kilt will fit up to about a 34 inch waist, a 5 yard kilt will fit up to about a 44 inch waist, and a 6 yard kilt will fit up to about a 50 inch waist. If you are larger than this please contact us for pricing on larger kilts. Also, If your waist size is close to one of these limits, consider the next size larger if you want deeper pleats or pleats closer together. For example:
If you have a 34 inch waist, a 4 yd greatkilt will have pleats 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 3-4 inches deep. A 5 yd greatkilt will have pleats approximately 1 inch wide and 3-4 inches deep or 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 6-8 inches deep. In this example a 6 yd greatkilt would be overkill with a 34 inch waist, but it would have pleats about 1 inch wide and 6-8 inches deep.
4 yds (fits up to a 34in waist)
5 yds (fits up to a 44in waist)
6 yds (fits up to a 50in waist)
How to measure for your Greatkilt:
1) Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
2) Measure from your waist to about the middle of the knee.
Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurement will change.
Note — The length measurement is really only relevant if you are adding Cheater Pleats™, but the form above asks for it regardless, so you might as well do it right!
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- The Highland Serpent Antiqued Kilt Belt Buckle is made in Scotland and features Celtic knot border design
- This piece boasts solid cast brass with an antiqued silver finish. It’s perfect for nearly any occasion
- It measures a respectable 4 inches x 3 inches, and it’s compatible with all standard kilt belts (2.25 inches)
- Sturdy construction with intricate design detail combine for an attractive accessory to complete any kilted outfit