US Marine Corps Light Weight Great Kilt
Our Great Kilts are made in the USA from light weight (11 oz.) or medium weight (13oz) premium wool tartan, woven in Scotland. Light weight wool makes a nice kilt, especially for hot weather wear. However, medium weight is generally recommend for durability and crisper pleats.</p>
Pleating instructions are included with each kilt. Traditionally these kilts are pleated each time you wear them. We ask for size information to be sure that your kilt will fit you correctly, but we do not pleat the kilt for you unless you also select Cheater Pleats™ as an additional option.
Special-order. Please allow 4-12 weeks for delivery.
A 4 yard kilt will fit up to about a 34 inch waist, a 5 yard kilt will fit up to about a 44 inch waist, and a 6 yard kilt will fit up to about a 50 inch waist. If you are larger than this please contact us for pricing on larger kilts. Also, If your waist size is close to one of these limits, consider the next size larger if you want deeper pleats or pleats closer together. For example:
If you have a 34 inch waist, a 4 yd greatkilt will have pleats 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 3-4 inches deep. A 5 yd greatkilt will have pleats approximately 1 inch wide and 3-4 inches deep or 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 6-8 inches deep. In this example a 6 yd greatkilt would be overkill with a 34 inch waist, but it would have pleats about 1 inch wide and 6-8 inches deep.
4 yds, $379 (fits up to a 34in waist)
5 yds, $449 (fits up to a 44in waist)
6 yds, $549 (fits up to a 50in waist)
How to measure for your Greatkilt:
1) Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
2) Measure from your waist to about the middle of the knee.
Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurement will change.
Note — The length measurement is really only relevant if you are adding Cheater Pleats™, but the form above asks for it regardless, so you might as well do it right!
|Great Kilt Size||
4 Yard Great Kilt, 5 Yard Great Kilt, 6 Yard Great Kilt
|Waist Size (Inches)|
|Kilt Length (Inches)|
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Sgian dubh cast in lead-free pewter and plated in palladium — fits nicely into your kilt hose
- Choose between six gemstones (black, blue, green, red, topaz, purple) — the stone has a multi-facet cut and gold foil backed
- Traditional 4-piece metalwork and designed with the thistle symbol, a symbol of Scottish nobility and valor
- Connect to your ancestry and heritage by choosing from over 250+ clan crests or generic crests (i.e., Lion, Thistle, St. Andrews, Piper, or Masonic crests)
- Heritage quality, impressive, custom-built kilt both hypoallergenic and durable
- Made with a 12 oz poly/viscose blend with a kilting selvage that is indistinguishable from wool to the naked eye
- Choose between two officially licensed Outlander tartans made from your choice of yardage; fabric woven in Scotland
- Double-width kilt with traditional pleating instructions included; choose the “Cheater’s Pleating” option to have it pleated for you
- Celebrate your family’s ancestral crest with this elegant 5-ounce flask with 24ct gold accents as unique as your clan’s honorable history
- Made in Scotland from high-quality cast pewter for added Scottish authenticity—please allow 6-10 weeks for shipping
- Includes its own funnel and arrives gift-boxed for exceptional convenience, making it the perfect gift for the proud Scot in your life—even if that’s you!
- Carry your historical family pride with you in this subtle but eye-catching accessory wherever you go and never be too far away from your favorite drink
- Authentic solid pewter kilt pin made in Scotland; strong and durable to keep your kilt in place
- Choose from 100+ clan crests to show off your Scottish heritage
- Rhodium-plated and hand polished for a shiny finish
- Measures 3⅝” long, perfect for use with a kilt, fly plaid, or any outfit