The Veil Between Worlds
The Veil Between Worlds
I recently ran across an interesting series of Twitter posts from back in October that were assembled into graphics and posted to a Tumblr blog. The original Twitter user posted:
“The concept of “thin places” (where the ‘veil between worlds’ is thin) was even worse – deemed “ancient Celtic”, actually invented in 1938.” -Adrian Bott
He goes on to say that he is looking for the earliest reference that he can find that mentions the concept that Samhain was seen as the time of year when the “veil grows thin” and that he suspects it will be a modern reference. He presents an interesting theory that this idea of the veil actually arose out of the 19th century Spiritualism movement and has been pasted onto Celtic folk traditions: “The Spiritualist concept of the Veil, born of parlour room seances & now retrospectively cast as a key element of Samhain“. He claims the belief that the mortal and spirit worlds were divided by a veil doesn’t seem to appear in the original lore and that there was no need for the idea of the veil at the time since magic and spirits filled the world around them.
Fellow Scotsman? Check out some of our products!
- Embroidered Clan Crest Badges (Stock Clans), hand-embroidered and full color
- Measures Approx. 3 X 4 inches and three push pins spring clasps for secure latching
- Made of navy blue twill fabric on black felt with a stiff backing
- If you don’t see your clan listed here, please contact us. We can add clans with a minimum order of 3
- Child’s belt and buckle set with Celtic design
- Measures 1½ inches wide and fits a 22-32 inch waist
- Matches our adult-sized pebble grain belts and thistle buckle
- Affordable and adjustable for your growing boy
WILDLING – Citrus and Eucalyptus
Nutdust Wildling provides invigorating citrus relief in a bottle, removing friction between your legs and leaving you with a silky smooth feeling that lets you glide your way through the day. Also great eliminating nasty odor on feet, reducing athletes foot, and smelling amazing on the body, Wildling is the perfect powder for the outdoor adventurer, athlete, gym rat, or just the person who loves to feel citrus fresh.
- Available in two sizes (2 oz and 8 oz)
- 100% all natural ingredients and essential oils. No talc, cornstarch, heavy metals, or synthetics
- No clumping or chalky residue, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties also help keep skin clear and healthy
- Citrus and Eucalyptus, invigorating citrus relief in a bottle.
- Apply below the belt, under the arms, and on the feet to eliminate odor and stay dry all day.