Khaki Military-Style Balmoral/Tam
- SKU: AHB02
- Categories: Accessories, Clothing and Kilts, Hats and Hackles, Ren Fair Collection, Seasonal Collections, Tartan Day Essentials
- Tag: Wool
- The Khaki Military-Style Balmoral – also known as a tam – is a durable, versatile accessory made of 100% felted wool
- World War II military tam style makes for a striking complement to Celtic dress
- Available in sizes 6.75-8, so you can choose the perfect fit for you; be advised that sizes run small
- Toorie (pom pom) on the top of the hat provides authentic Scottish, British, and Canadian WWII military style
The Khaki Military-Style Balmoral harkens back to a proud tradition of service and bravery. We drew our style inspiration from the Khaki Balmoral, a form of military headdress. It was introduced in 1915 for wear by Scottish infantrymen serving in the trenches of the Western Front during World War I. To this day, certain British and Canadian military units, as well as the Royal Regiment of Scotland, continue to wear this style of “bonnet,” as it’s sometimes called. “Khaki” refers to this hat’s traditional tan color, although it can range in color from light brown to olive drab. The Celtic Croft take on the classic is toward a green.
6 3/4, 7, 7 1/8, 7 1/4, 7 3/8, 7 1/2, 7 5/8, 7 3/4, 8
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Homespun Tartan Tam, choose from over 90 different tartans to wear on its own or match your kilt
- The drawstring in the back makes it the right fit for everyone
- All tams crafted from our homespun 10/11 oz tartan
- Authentic and historically accurate, our Homespun Tartan is made from a 55/45 blend of polyester & wool, woven by hand on old-world looms
- This Tartan Driving Cap or Golf Cap—Light Weight is durable for a day on the links. Perfect for everyday wear!
- Choose from over 500+ clan and non-clan tartans. Display your Celtic heritage in style.
- The cap is made with 11 oz premium lightweight wool. It’s available in sizes XS to 2XL.
- This high quality accessory is made in Scotland with fine craftsmanship.
- Custom-made to your measurements and nice and versatile enough for semi-formal and formal events (equivalent to a nice suit coat)
- Black silk lining with thistle silhouette motif, available in black, navy blue, burgundy, cream, and bottle green
- Made in Scotland with 100% pure new 15 oz Barathea wool
- Available in chest sizes 34 inches to 68 inches and available in short, regular, and of course long sleeve length
- Made in Scotland
- Spring Weight (8oz) Premium Wool
- One Size Fits All Design
- Adjustable Velcro Back
- Choose from More than 500 Tartans