OUTLANDER Inspired Fleece Scots Bonnet
- SKU: OSSBF
- Categories: Highland Accessories, Hats and Hackles, OUTLANDER Hats and Ties, Holiday Gift Guide, Last Min Halloween Ideas
- Tags: Fleece, OUTLANDER
- Inspired by the Scots Bonnets, or Tam O’Shanter, worn in the hit show Outlander: The Series and those worn by Scottish workmen in the 16th century
- One size fits all with a drawstring
- Choose between three rustic colors to match your favorite tartan: Dark Brown, Light Brown, and Highland Grey
- Made of 100% synthetic, water-resistant fleece; soft, comfortable, and feels like premium wool
OUTLANDER Inspired Fleece Scots Bonnet
Inspired by the hats traditionally worn by Scotsmen in the 16th to 18th centuries and on the hit show Outlander: The Series, this Scots Bonnet is sure to complement any tartan. Choose between three rustic colors: Dark Brown, Light Brown, and Highland Grey. This Scots Bonnet is made of 100% synthetic, water-resistant fleece. It is so soft and comfortable that it feels like it is made from premium wool.
Scots Bonnets, or Tam O’Shanters, were an integral part of a Scotsman’s attire. Wear this piece of history, complete any Highlander outfit, and pay homage to your heritage.
The Blue Bonnets of 16th Century Scotland
We make our Scots Bonnets similar to those worn in OUTLANDER, but also like the blue bonnets worn by Scottish workmen and farmers in the 16th century, specifically in the Lowlands. The popularity of this hat spread into the Highlands by 1700. At this time, people knew Highlanders by the thick, blue or grey, wool bonnets they wore. In the 18th century, the Scots Bonnet was the main item of clothing used to identify a Scotsman, even more so than tartan. That makes our OUTLANDER Inspired Scots Bonnet just as important for you to wear as our kilts!
The blue bonnet was popular during the time period that OUTLANDER is set in, so this hat likely inspired the Scots bonnets worn in OUTLANDER. They are larger than the balmorals, and Kilmarnock bonnets that became popular in later centuries.
This blue bonnet was also associated with Jacobitism, therefore, our Scots Bonnet (especially in Midnight Blue) is perfect to wear in combination with our Premium Jacobite Shirt, and Jacobite Lowlander Reiver Sporran. There is even a whole Jacobite song called “Blue Bonnets Over the Border”, written down by Sir Walter Scott.
TM & © 2019 Sony Pictures Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Dark Brown, Highland Grey, Light Brown
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Made by world-renowned artist and craftsman Don McKee and is sturdy with intricate detail
- Features Scottish thistle symbol and represents Celtic bravery, determination, and nobility
- Fits any standard kilt belt (2.5 inches wide) and is appropriate for any kilted outfit
- Made in the USA from solid cast pewter
- Made with quality leather and decorated with a fine pebble grain
- Measures 2¼ inches wide and is compatible with any of our kilt belt buckles
- Comes in sizes small to 2XL and fits waists measuring 25 inches to 63 inches
- Durable, practical, and affordable and is the perfect accessory to complete your Celtic outfit
- One of our best-sellers with details inspired by Scotland, from the interlacing designs to the Triskele Celtic Knot Design
- Fine-quality Scottish craftsmanship, this cast pewter kilt belt buckle will fit all standard kilt belts (2.25 inches)
- Made in Scotland, it’s durable, solid and will last a lifetime
- Measures 3.75” x 3 inches, the perfect piece to complete your kilted outfit and connect to your Celtic roots
- Simple, classic, and smooth design. Pair this kilt belt with any kilt on any occasion
- Adjusting this kilt belt is a breeze with the easy-to-use velcro closure
- Measures 2 inches wide and is compatible with any of our standard kilt belt buckles
- Discontinued – Available while supplies last