OUTLANDER Wrap Poly/Viscose Tartan
- SKU: OTWPV
- Categories: Holiday Gift Guide, Mothers Day, OUTLANDER Shawls and Wraps, Tartan Day Essentials, Tartan Serapes, Tartan Shawls and Wraps
- Tags: OUTLANDER, Poly Viscose
- OUTLANDER Wrap Poly/Viscose Tartan’s material is woven in Scotland and then made in the USA
- Embrace your inner Outlander with an Official OUTLANDER serape or ruana.
- Measures 54 inches X 70 inches, made from Hypoallergenic Poly/Viscose material (65/35 blend of polyester and viscose rayon)
- Outlanders weavers took great care to design with the colors and style of looming that would have been available at the time and area of the Fraser Clan
OUTLANDER Wrap Poly/Viscose Tartan
This piece is the must-have wrap for the colder weather season wardrobe. This wrap has a hole for your head and a split to give you wearable options. Wear as a wrap or drape around your shoulders like a shawl. If you’re allergic to wool this is the tartan to own! The tartan is designed as authentically as possible with the same dyes from vegetation that the Clan had access to in the 18th century. It’s weave is a looser, rustic weave that weavers would have been doing at the time. The colors are brown and grey, which would have acted as camouflage while hunting.
Please Note — Our OUTLANDER product licensing agreement allows us to ship Outlander products to U.S. and Canadian addresses only. For more information, please see our International Shipping Information Page.
TM & © 2019 Sony Pictures Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About the Fraser Tartan from OUTLANDER: The Series
Starz teamed up with a mill in Scotland in order to create these tartans in the most authentic way possible. This tartan consists of colors grey, brown, gold, red, and black. The neutral tones of brown and grey take up most of the space in the pattern, seemingly imitating the expanse of stone and brown vegetation of the Scottish Highlands in winter. The small stripes of black are hardly noticeable, and the gold and red act as accents. You might recognize it as the tartan that Jamie Fraser wears for his wedding.
The Fraser tartan for OUTLANDER is modeled after the Fraser Hunting Weathered Tartan. (Available in homespun and light weight tartans. Homespun swatch. Light weight swatch. Homespun tartan digital swatches.) The latter tartan consists of large expanses of grey and brown, and small accents of white and red. Hunting tartans are, in general, a more natural colored version of clan tartans. Because of this, they blend into natural environments, and camouflage the wearer. Weathered tartans tend to be a more faded version of tartans, because they often come in natural hues. When comparing the two tartans, one can see the aspects that the designer borrowed from the Fraser Hunting Weathered Tartan. He created a wonderfully calming tartan that lends itself well to the natural setting of OUTLANDER: The Series. This tartan is excellent for events held in forests, mountains, by a river, or other natural settings.
About the OUTLANDER Tartan
The OUTLANDER tartan consists of only two colors: grey and brown. The pattern is similar to Black Watch (aka Campbell) tartans. The tartan is also similar to OUTLANDER Fraser, but without the small stripes of accent colors. This tartan will complement most any outfit, because of its neutral tones. Since the colors are so rustic, you’ll look excellent wearing this tartan at events held in forests, mountains, by a river, or other natural settings. It can really be worn by anyone, even if you’re not a fan of OUTLANDER.
You may also like…
Update all similar products that you may like!
- Official OUTLANDER Scottish tartan; measures 50 inches x 72” inches and weighs approximately 12 ounces
- Made from 100% authentic lambswool to keep you cozy on a cold Scottish afternoon
- Wear as a wrap, shawl, serape, or ruana to suit your preferences; let it drape or wrap around your shoulders or head
- Wear your highland pride with an OUTLANDER tartan that reflects the neutral and earthy tones of the Scottish highlands
- Outlander and Fraser are out of stock until spring 2021
- Choose from three official Outlander tartans all woven in Scotland by the same mill that created the tartans worn on the hit show, Outlander: The Series
- Tartans are predominantly brown and grey with slight accent colors. They’re a rustic and neutral to compliment any winter outfit
- Called a wrap, sarape, or rauna, it’s essentially a large shawl with a hole for your head and split up the front
- It’s made with 12 oz, 100% premium wool with a fringed edge and measures 54 inches x 54 inches
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Approx. 54″ x 65″
- Medium Weight (12/13oz) Premium Wool
- Over 500 Tartans Available
- Also Known as a Ruana
- Authentic, officially licensed Outlander tartans woven in Scotland by the same designer that created the tartans for your favorite Outlander characters
- Choose between three tartans: Outlander, Outlander Fraser, and Outlander MacKenzie, each predominantly brown and grey to provide a neutral, natural look that complements and suits almost every outfit
- Made with 100% premium lambswool and is luxuriously soft and warm
- Measures approximately 20 inches x 70 inches
- Authentic, stylish, and practical and made with spring weight (8 oz) 100% premium wool that is lightweight enough for daily wear
- Made to order in Scotland and available in over 500 clan and non-clan tartans
- Perfect for casual to formal wear they are both warm and elegant
- Measures 27 inches wide by 71 inches long and falls nicely
- Wear this versatile Light Weight Premium Tartan Serape at work or to snuggle up on the couch.
- This authentic Scottish apparel is made in Scotland. Choose from hundreds of beautiful, lightweight tartans.
- Made with premium wool, this serape has a fringed edge.
- Its generous size makes it ideal for a variety of situations. Measures 60 inches by 65 inches.