Homespun Wool Blend Kilted Mini Skirts
We make our Mini Skirts from our signature Homespun Tartan. Cute, stylish, and affordable! We make them to order, just for you! Choose from any waist size and lengths up to 18″. We carry over 70 tartans!
- Cute, stylish, and affordable!
- Made from our budget friendly homespun poly/wool blend.
- Made-to-order, just for you.
- Available in any waist size
- Available in any length up to 18 inches.
- Choice of more than 70 tartans!
About the Fabric
Our Homespun Tartan is made from a 55/45 blend of polyester & wool, woven by hand on old-world looms. It looks very authentic to what would have been woven historically. The yarn is worsted, but not spun as tightly as modern machine-made tartan. The cloth is also not as tightly woven. Homespun tartan will pleat by hand easily, but will not develop a sharp edge. Expect small snags, pulls, holes and other assorted blemishes. Because it is hand woven, these flaws are a natural part of it’s character.
How To Measure for Your Kilted Mini Skirt
- Have someone help you. If you bend over even a bit, your measurement will not be correct.
- Measure comfortably around your desired waist. This could be at the navel, which is traditional, or anywhere else you want. For example, our daughter Kaurina prefers to wear her skirts at the currently popular “hip waist”.
- Measure around your hips (butt) at the fullest point.
- Measure from your desired waist to your desired length (up to 18″).