Rob Roy Movie Premium Wool Tartan Phillabeg
- SKU: KPRR
- Categories: Phillabeg (Little Kilt), Ren Fair Collection
- Tags: Custom-Order, Rob Roy, Wool
- Traditional Phillabeg made with 100% wool tartan woven in Scotland
- Woven by the same weaver as the kilts in the movie Rob Roy with an authentic and rustic look
- Comes with pleating instructions for your convenience, with the option of upgrading to cheater pleats too
- Custom-made for a perfect fit, you’ll look dashing in this soft blue tartan
Rob Roy Movie Tartan Phillabeg
A phillabeg (or little kilt) is a light-weight and comfortable kilt that’s perfect for warm-weather wear. Now you can have one custom-made for you with the Rob Roy movie tartan! Woven with 100% premium wool by the same weaver that worked on the kilts in the Rob Roy movie, you will love the authentic and rustic tartan. We know that pleating can be time consuming and a challenge for beginners—that’s why we include pleating instructions for your convenience and even have the option of upgrading to Cheater Pleats! Once you have your measurements ready, customize yours even further by adding matching brooches and flashes too!
Custom-made just for you! Please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery. Please click for important information about custom-order items.
A 4 yard kilt will fit up to about a 38 inch waist, a 5 yard kilt will fit up to about a 48 inch waist, and a 6 yard kilt will fit up to about a 60 inch waist. If you are larger than this please contact us for pricing on larger kilts. Also, If your waist size is close to one of these limits, consider the next size larger if you want deeper pleats or pleats closer together. For example:
If you have a 38 inch waist, a 4 yd phillabeg will have pleats 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 3-4 inches deep. A 5 yd phillabeg will have pleats approximately 1 inch wide and 3-4 inches deep or 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 6-8 inches deep. In this example a 6 yd kilt would be overkill with a 34 inch waist, but it would have pleats about 1 inch wide and 6-8 inches deep.
How to measure for your Phillabeg:
- Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
- Measure from your waist to about the middle of the knee.
Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurement will change.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Quality colored flashes made with authentic Scottish wool and come in 15 different colors to match any tartan
- Fastened with an elastic band and a reliable S-hook closure and is designed to fit almost any sized leg reliably and comfortably
- Keep your hose in place while accenting the colors in your tartan
- Keep your sgian dubh in place fashionably
- Light, comfortable, allows for freedom of movement and perfect for summer or warm weather
- Made in the USA by a highly skilled kiltmaker and homespun on an old-world loom for an authentic look
- Made with a 55/45 poly/wool and weighs 9 oz but feels heavier
- Choose between several clan and non-clan tartans and available in 4, 5, or 6 yards
4 yds, (fits up to a 38in waist)
5 yds, (fits up to a 48in waist)
6 yds, (fits up to a 60in waist)