Outlander Tartan Phillabeg – Homespun Wool Blend
- SKU: OPHS
- Categories: Featured, Kilts, Outlander, OUTLANDER Kilts, Phillabeg (Little Kilt)
- Tags: Custom-Order, Homespun, OUTLANDER, Wool Blend
- Light, comfortable, allows for freedom of movement and perfect for summer or warm weather
- Made in the USA by a highly skilled kiltmaker and homespun on an old-world loom for an authentic look
- Made with a 55/45 poly/wool and weighs 9 oz but feels heavier
- Choose between Outlander or Outlander Fraser tartans and available in 4, 5, or 6 yards
$115.00 – $245.00
Whether you call it a phillabeg, phille-bheagh, feilidh-beag, or a little kilt, you will love this light and comfortable kilt. Perfect for any summer event or warmer weather, this phillabeg provides maximum freedom of movement.
Beyond the practical, it is also beautiful. It is made in the USA by a very talented kilt maker from a 55/45 poly/wool fabric blend that’s been homespun on an old-world loom. This gives it a historic and rustic aesthetic with minor flaws that add character. Custom-made to your measurements, this kilt pleats easily, and instructions are included. Alternatively, Cheater’s Pleats™ are available.
A 4-yard kilt will fit up to about a 34-inch waist, a 5-yard kilt will fit up to about a 44-inch waist, and a 6-yard kilt will fit up to about a 50-inch waist. If you are larger than this please contact us for pricing on larger kilts. Also, If your waist size is close to one of these limits, consider the next size larger if you want deeper pleats or pleats closer together. For example:
If you have a 34-inch waist, a 4-yard phillabeg will have pleats 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 3-4 inches deep. A 5-yard phillabeg will have pleats approximately 1 inch wide and 3-4 inches deep or 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 6-8 inches deep. In this example, a 6-yard kilt would be overkill with a 34-inch waist, but it would have pleats about 1 inch wide and 6-8 inches deep.
How to measure for your Phillabeg:
1) Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
2) Measure from your waist to about the middle of the knee.
Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurement will change.
OUTLANDER, OUTLANDER Fraser
|Phillabeg Kilt Size||
4 Yard Phillabeg, 5 Yard Phillabeg, 6 Yard Phillabeg
|Waist Size (Inches)||
26W, 27W, 28W, 29W, 30W, 31W, 32W, 33W, 34W, 35W, 36W, 37W, 38W, 39W, 40W, 41W, 42W, 43W, 44W, 45W, 46W, 47W, 48W, 49W, 50W, 51W, 52W, 53W, 54W, 55W, 56W, 57W, 58W, 59W, 60W
18L, 19L, 20L, 21L, 22L, 23L, 24L, 25L, 26L
4ft 11in, 5ft 0in, 5ft 1in, 5ft 2in, 5ft 3in, 5ft 4in, 5ft 5in, 5ft 6in, 5ft 7in, 5ft 8in, 5ft 9in, 5ft 10in, 5ft 11in, 6ft 0in, 6ft 1in, 6ft 2in, 6ft 3in, 6ft 4in, 6ft 5in, 6ft 6in
No Pleats, Pleat to Sett, Pleat to Stripe, Box Pleats
Do not iron, Lightly ironed, Crisply ironed
|Straps and Buckles||
No Straps or Buckles, Add Straps and Buckles
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Our Poly/Viscose 5 Yard Kilts are affordable creations by experienced kilt-makers in Scotland
- This kilt’s versatile poly-viscose material makes it the ideal casual kilt.
- Our Poly/Viscose 5 Yard Kilt is virtually indistinguishable from a traditional 100% wool kilt. This supple 65/35 polyester viscose blend material offers ease and comfort of wear in an array of situations and occasions
- Wool-free kilt comes in 60 tartans, giving you a wide range of tartans to choose from
- Traditional Phillabeg made with 100% wool tartan woven in Scotland
- Woven by the same weaver as the kilts in the movie Rob Roy with an authentic and rustic look
- Comes with pleating instructions for your convenience, with the option of upgrading to cheater pleats too
- Custom-made for a perfect fit, you’ll look dashing in this soft blue tartan
- This 5 Yard Medium Weight Premium Wool Casual Kilt is perfect for everyday wear
- Handcrafted by skilled kiltmakers in Scotland to your measurements for a perfect fit
- The medium weight kilt material is 100% premium wool for quality you can feel
- At 4-5 yards, this kilt uses less fabric than a formal kilt and is an affordable option that’s ideal for warmer climates