Homespun Wool Blend Phillabeg
- SKU: KPHS
- Categories: Last Min Halloween Ideas, Phillabeg (Little Kilt), Ren Fair Collection
- Tags: Custom-Order, Homespun, Wool Blend
- Light, comfortable, allows for freedom of movement and perfect for summer or warm weather
- Made in the USA by a highly skilled kiltmaker and homespun on an old-world loom for an authentic look
- Made with a 55/45 poly/wool and weighs 9 oz but feels heavier
- Choose between several clan and non-clan tartans and available in 4, 5, or 6 yards
Homespun Wool Blend Phillabeg
Whether you call it a phillabeg, phille-bheagh, feilidh-beag, or a little kilt, you will love this light and comfortable kilt. Perfect for any summer event or warmer weather, this phillabeg provides maximum freedom of movement.
Beyond the practical, it is also beautiful. It is made in the USA by a very talented kilt maker from a 55/45 poly/wool fabric blend that’s been homespun on an old-world loom. This gives it a historic and rustic aesthetic with minor flaws that add character. Custom-made to your measurements, this kilt pleats easily, and instructions are included. Alternatively, Cheater’s Pleats™ are available.
A 4-yard kilt will fit up to about a 34-inch waist, a 5-yard kilt will fit up to about a 44-inch waist, and a 6-yard kilt will fit up to about a 50-inch waist. If you are larger than this please contact us for pricing on larger kilts. Also, If your waist size is close to one of these limits, consider the next size larger if you want deeper pleats or pleats closer together. For example:
If you have a 34-inch waist, a 4-yard phillabeg will have pleats 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 3-4 inches deep. A 5-yard phillabeg will have pleats approximately 1 inch wide and 3-4 inches deep or 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 6-8 inches deep. In this example, a 6-yard kilt would be overkill with a 34-inch waist, but it would have pleats about 1 inch wide and 6-8 inches deep.
How to measure for your Phillabeg:
1) Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
2) Measure from your waist to about the middle of the knee.
Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurement will change.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Woven by hand on old-world looms for an authentic look
- Made with a quality 55/45 blend of polyester and wool
- Matches our homespun kilts; perfect for Highland Games or Renaissance Fair
- Choose from 70+ ancient and modern tartan, both clan and non-clan
- Measures 11″ x 90″
- Our authentic Single Width Medium Weight Premium Fly is woven from 30-inch wide tartan in Scotland—finished in the USA.
- It features a luxurious and comfortable 100% premium, medium weight wool.
- This fly plaid matches our casual kilts, formal kilts, and phillabegs to complete your outfit.
- Choose from 80+ ancient and modern tartan, both clan and non-clan.
- Homespun Tartan Tam, choose from over 80 different tartans to wear on its own or match your kilt
- The drawstring in the back makes it the right fit for everyone
- All tams crafted from our homespun 10/11 oz tartan
- Authentic and historically accurate, our Homespun Tartan is made from a 55/45 blend of polyester & wool, woven by hand on old-world looms
- The comfortable, lightweight homespun tartan scarf is made from authentic homespun tartan to add a Celtic flair anywhere
- It’s woven by hand on old-world looms from a 55/45 blend of polyester and wool for an authentic look
- Choose from more than 80 tartans to match any outfit or to display your clan pride
- It measures 54 inches by 9 inches, with a versatility to fit your needs