Homespun Wool Blend Irish Tartan Phillabeg
- These authentic Irish Phillabegs are perfect for Renaissance festivals, Irish fairs, and Highland Games
- Our homespun tartan is woven by hand on old-world looms for an authentic look
- Made with a quality, comfortable 55/45 blend of polyester and wool
- Available in three Irish tartans and come with pleating instructions for your convenience or add cheater pleats.
Homespun Wool Blend Irish Phillabeg
The Phillabeg (or “little kilt”) is wonderful for summer wear! If you have any Irish festivals or events to attend this summer, why not wear your own custom-made Irish Phillabeg? Our homespun polyester/wool blend fabric is a fan-favorite for a good reason, as it’s both comfortable and affordable. You can customize yours further by adding matching flashes or a brooch too to complete your outfit! Add Cheater Pleats for your convenience, or follow the included pleating instructions to pleat your own before each wear. Now you just have to choose which tartan you need: Irish Green, St. Patrick Modern, or Ulster Red Modern.
4-yard kilt – up to about a 34 inch waist,
5-yard kilt – up to about a 44 inch waist
6-yard kilt will fit up to about a 50 inch waist.
If you are larger than this please contact us for pricing on larger kilts. Also, If your waist size is close to one of these limits, consider the next size larger if you want deeper pleats or pleats closer together. For example:
If you have a 34 inch waist, a 4 yd phillabeg will have pleats 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 3-4 inches deep. A 5 yd phillabeg will have pleats approximately 1 inch wide and 3-4 inches deep or 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 6-8 inches deep. In this example a 6 yd kilt would be overkill with a 34 inch waist, but it would have pleats about 1 inch wide and 6-8 inches deep.
How to measure for your Phillabeg:
- Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
- Measure from your waist to about the middle of the knee.
Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurement will change.