US Navy Good Basic Homespun Kilt – Kilt Hanger
- SKU: KBSON
- Categories: Clans and Tartans, Military and Law Enforcement, U.S. Navy, US Navy Tartan Kilts
- Tags: Custom-Order, Homespun, Military, U.S. Navy, Wool Blend
$145.00 – $160.00
Our Good Basic Kilts are great for athletes, first-time buyers, casual wear, those on a budget, or as an extra kilt to save wear and tear on your nicer kilts. Yet they are nice enough that we have many customers use them for weddings, and other formal occasions.
What is a Good Basic Kilt?
(Formerly known as our Economy Kilt.) Our Good Basic Kilt is essentially an “off the rack” kilt. Sometimes referred-to as a “starter kilt”. They are good looking kilts, especially for the price. They are made from 4-6 yds (depending upon the waist size) of our homespun tartan, and pleated in the back just like more expensive kilts. Our homespun tartan is a poly/wool blend. It’s a looser weave, so it’s prone to snagging and pilling, but it’s also lighter, and breathes better than a premium wool tartan (very nice for hot weather!). The machine stitched pleats are about 1” wide, and 3-4” deep. They are fully lined with three straps, buckles, and belt loops. The straps allow you to adjust your kilt from about 1” smaller, to 2” larger.
HOWEVER, please keep in mind that our Good Basic Kilt (both stock and special-Order) is NOT a custom tailored kilt, so it will most likely not fit as if it was tailored for you. The waist and hip size is about the same. If your hip measurement is more than 4 inches larger than your waist, then the kilt may not fit very well. If you are looking for a tailor made look, we suggest purchasing a Casual Kilt or Formal Kilt..
Why buy a Good Basic Kilt?
If you’re shopping for a kilt for the first time this just might be the kilt you are looking for! Already an experienced kilt wearer? Get yourself a good basic kilt to save wear and tear on your more expensive kilts. Wear it for casual or everyday events and save your formal kilt for the special occasions. Our good basic kilts look nice enough that many of our customers on a budget will purchase them for weddings or other formal events, and they look great. Athletes also really like our good basic kilts. They (or anyone for that matter) would much rather get mud on a good basic kilt than a $500 kilt!
|Waist Size (Inches)||
20W, 21W, 22W, 23W, 24W, 25W, 26W, 27W, 28W, 29W, 30W, 31W, 32W, 33W, 34W, 35W, 36W, 37W, 38W, 39W, 40W, 41W, 42W, 43W, 44W, 45W, 46W, 47W, 48W, 49W, 50W, 51W, 52W, 53W, 54W, 55W, 56W, 57W, 58W, 59W, 60W, 61W, 62W, 63W, 64W, 65W, 66W, 67W, 68W
|Hip Size (Inches)||
20H, 21H, 22H, 23H, 24H, 25H, 26H, 27H, 28H, 29H, 30H, 31H, 32H, 33H, 34H, 35H, 36H, 37H, 38H, 39H, 40H, 41H, 42H, 43H, 44H, 45H, 46H, 47H, 48H, 49H, 50H, 51H, 52H, 53H, 54H, 55H, 56H, 57H, 58H, 59H, 60H, 61H, 62H, 63H, 64H, 65H, 66H, 67H, 68H, 69H, 70H, 71H, 72H
|Kilt Length (Inches)|
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Tartan Woven in Scotland
- Ancient Kilt Made in the USA
- Braveheart Style
- Perfect for Ren Faires/Fests
- Cool and Practical Design
- Ancient Highland Look
- Extra Long Apron to Use as a Fly Plaid
- Over 500 Tartans Available!
- 25-30″ Wide (The Length When Worn)
- Length of Fabric Cut to Your Measurements (To Fit Your Waist)
- The Art Pewter Clan Crest Cap Badge or Brooch is made in Scotland by skilled craftsmen Art Pewter
- Measures 1⅝ inches and is perfect to wear as a cap badge, brooch, kilt pin, pinned onto a backpack or tote bag, etc.
- Available in over 200 clan crests, it’s cast in solid pewter with shiny rhodium-plated white gold finish
- This high-quality, attractive piece is perfect for any occasion
- Authentic solid pewter kilt pin made in Scotland; strong and durable to keep your kilt in place
- Choose from 100+ clan crests to show off your Scottish heritage
- Rhodium-plated and hand polished for a shiny finish
- Measures 3⅝” long, perfect for use with a kilt, fly plaid, or any outfit
- Celebrate your family’s ancestral crest with this elegant 5-ounce flask with 24ct gold accents as unique as your clan’s honorable history
- Made in Scotland from high-quality cast pewter for added Scottish authenticity—please allow 6-10 weeks for shipping
- Includes its own funnel and arrives gift-boxed for exceptional convenience, making it the perfect gift for the proud Scot in your life—even if that’s you!
- Carry your historical family pride with you in this subtle but eye-catching accessory wherever you go and never be too far away from your favorite drink