US Marine Corps Good Basic Homespun Kilt – Kilt Hanger
- SKU: KBSOM
- Categories: Clans and Tartans, U.S. Marine Corps, US Marine Corps Tartan Kilts
- Tags: Custom-Order, Homespun, Military, U.S. Marine Corps, Wool Blend
$145.00 – $160.00
Our Good Basic Kilts are great for athletes, first-time buyers, casual wear, those on a budget, or as an extra kilt to save wear and tear on your nicer kilts. Yet they are nice enough that we have many customers use them for weddings, and other formal occasions.
What is a Good Basic Kilt?
(Formerly known as our Economy Kilt.) Our Good Basic Kilt is essentially an “off the rack” kilt. Sometimes referred-to as a “starter kilt”. They are good looking kilts, especially for the price. They are made from 4-6 yds (depending upon the waist size) of our homespun tartan, and pleated in the back just like more expensive kilts. Our homespun tartan is a poly/wool blend. It’s a looser weave, so it’s prone to snagging and pilling, but it’s also lighter, and breathes better than a premium wool tartan (very nice for hot weather!). The machine stitched pleats are about 1” wide, and 3-4” deep. They are fully lined with three straps, buckles, and belt loops. The straps allow you to adjust your kilt from about 1” smaller, to 2” larger.
HOWEVER, please keep in mind that our Good Basic Kilt (both stock and special-Order) is NOT a custom tailored kilt, so it will most likely not fit as if it was tailored for you. The waist and hip size is about the same. If your hip measurement is more than 4 inches larger than your waist, then the kilt may not fit very well. If you are looking for a tailor made look, we suggest purchasing a Casual Kilt or Formal Kilt..
Why buy a Good Basic Kilt?
If you’re shopping for a kilt for the first time this just might be the kilt you are looking for! Already an experienced kilt wearer? Get yourself a good basic kilt to save wear and tear on your more expensive kilts. Wear it for casual or everyday events and save your formal kilt for the special occasions. Our good basic kilts look nice enough that many of our customers on a budget will purchase them for weddings or other formal events, and they look great. Athletes also really like our good basic kilts. They (or anyone for that matter) would much rather get mud on a good basic kilt than a $500 kilt!
|Waist Size (Inches)||
20W, 21W, 22W, 23W, 24W, 25W, 26W, 27W, 28W, 29W, 30W, 31W, 32W, 33W, 34W, 35W, 36W, 37W, 38W, 39W, 40W, 41W, 42W, 43W, 44W, 45W, 46W, 47W, 48W, 49W, 50W, 51W, 52W, 53W, 54W, 55W, 56W, 57W, 58W, 59W, 60W, 61W, 62W, 63W, 64W, 65W, 66W, 67W, 68W
|Hip Size (Inches)||
20H, 21H, 22H, 23H, 24H, 25H, 26H, 27H, 28H, 29H, 30H, 31H, 32H, 33H, 34H, 35H, 36H, 37H, 38H, 39H, 40H, 41H, 42H, 43H, 44H, 45H, 46H, 47H, 48H, 49H, 50H, 51H, 52H, 53H, 54H, 55H, 56H, 57H, 58H, 59H, 60H, 61H, 62H, 63H, 64H, 65H, 66H, 67H, 68H, 69H, 70H, 71H, 72H
|Kilt Length (Inches)||
27L, 18L, 19L, 20L, 21L, 22L, 23L, 24L, 25L, 26L
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Made in Scotland using solid, tarnish-resistant cast pewter
- Choose between over 200 clans to proudly display your unique ancestry and also available in such symbols as the Rampant Lion, Scottish Thistle, Scottish Piper, Saint Andrew’s Cross, and Masonic
- Measures 3.75 inches in diameter and compatible with a standard belt buckle (2.25 inches)
- Attractive Celtic knot design border
Made from solid, lead-free pewter, The Clan Crest Key Chain is a practical and durable accessory
Available in over 64 clan crests, this keychain features your crest and motto, with the English translation on the back
Cast by Scottish artisans for genuine authenticity
Treat yourself to an affordable accessory that also makes an ideal gift
- Sgian dubh cast in lead-free pewter and plated in palladium — fits nicely into your kilt hose
- Choose between six gemstones (black, blue, green, red, topaz, purple) — the stone has a multi-facet cut and gold foil backed
- Traditional 4-piece metalwork and designed with the thistle symbol, a symbol of Scottish nobility and valor
- Connect to your ancestry and heritage by choosing from over 250+ clan crests or generic crests (i.e., Lion, Thistle, St. Andrews, Piper, or Masonic crests)