US Marine Corps Good Basic Homespun Kilt – Plus Kilt Hanger
- SKU: KBSOM
- Categories: Kilts, Military Tartan Kilts, US Marine Corps Tartan Kilts
- Tags: Custom-Order, Homespun, Military, U.S. Marine Corps, Wool Blend
- Homespun wool-blend
- Made from 4-6 yards of tartan
- Fully Lined
- Three straps and buckles
- Made to order – one size does not fit all
Our Good Basic Kilts are great for athletes, first-time buyers, casual wear, those on a budget, or as an extra kilt to save wear and tear on your nicer kilts. Yet they are nice enough that we have many customers use them for weddings, and other formal occasions.
What is a Good Basic Kilt?
(Formerly known as our Economy Kilt.) Our Good Basic Kilt is essentially an “off the rack” kilt. Sometimes referred-to as a “starter kilt”. They are good looking kilts, especially for the price. They are made from 4-6 yds (depending upon the waist size) of our homespun tartan, and pleated in the back just like more expensive kilts. Our homespun tartan is a poly/wool blend. It’s a looser weave, so it’s prone to snagging and pilling, but it’s also lighter, and breathes better than a premium wool tartan (very nice for hot weather!). The machine stitched pleats are about 1” wide, and 3-4” deep. They are fully lined with three straps, buckles, and belt loops. The straps allow you to adjust your kilt from about 1” smaller, to 2” larger.
HOWEVER, please keep in mind that our Good Basic Kilt (both stock and special-Order) is NOT a custom tailored kilt, so it will most likely not fit as if it was tailored for you. The waist and hip size is about the same. If your hip measurement is more than 4 inches larger than your waist, then the kilt may not fit very well. If you are looking for a tailor made look, we suggest purchasing a Casual Kilt or Formal Kilt..
Why buy a Good Basic Kilt?
If you’re shopping for a kilt for the first time this just might be the kilt you are looking for! Already an experienced kilt wearer? Get yourself a good basic kilt to save wear and tear on your more expensive kilts. Wear it for casual or everyday events and save your formal kilt for the special occasions. Our good basic kilts look nice enough that many of our customers on a budget will purchase them for weddings or other formal events, and they look great. Athletes also really like our good basic kilts. They (or anyone for that matter) would much rather get mud on a good basic kilt than a $500 kilt!
|Waist Size (Inches)||
20W, 21W, 22W, 23W, 24W, 25W, 26W, 27W, 28W, 29W, 30W, 31W, 32W, 33W, 34W, 35W, 36W, 37W, 38W, 39W, 40W, 41W, 42W, 43W, 44W, 45W, 46W, 47W, 48W, 49W, 50W, 51W, 52W, 53W, 54W, 55W, 56W, 57W, 58W, 59W, 60W, 61W, 62W, 63W, 64W, 65W, 66W, 67W, 68W
|Hip Size (Inches)||
20H, 21H, 22H, 23H, 24H, 25H, 26H, 27H, 28H, 29H, 30H, 31H, 32H, 33H, 34H, 35H, 36H, 37H, 38H, 39H, 40H, 41H, 42H, 43H, 44H, 45H, 46H, 47H, 48H, 49H, 50H, 51H, 52H, 53H, 54H, 55H, 56H, 57H, 58H, 59H, 60H, 61H, 62H, 63H, 64H, 65H, 66H, 67H, 68H, 69H, 70H, 71H, 72H
|Kilt Length (Inches)||
27L, 18L, 19L, 20L, 21L, 22L, 23L, 24L, 25L, 26L
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Quality and affordable kid kilts made for boys and girls
- Poly/viscose blend is fully washable and makes for a durable fabric
- Fastens with leather straps and buckles at the waist for a secure fit
- Waist size ranging from 16 inches to 26 inches with an elastic waistband for growing room
- Phillabeg Made in the USA
- US Army Tartan Woven in Scotland
- 100% Premium Wool
- Light or Medium Weight Tartan
- Thin, Breathable Fabric (Light Weight)
- Recommended for Summer Events
- Medium Weight for Crisper Pleats
- 4 yds, (fits up to a 34in waist)
- 5 yds, (fits up to a 44in waist)
- 6 yds, (fits up to a 50in waist)
- These authentic Irish Phillabegs are perfect for Renaissance festivals, Irish fairs, and Highland Games
- Our homespun tartan is woven by hand on old-world looms for an authentic look
- Made with a quality, comfortable 55/45 blend of polyester and wool
- Available in three Irish tartans and come with pleating instructions for your convenience or add cheater pleats.
- Premium wool and authentic Scottish craftsmanship for authentic wear and appearance
- Tailored to fit your measurements, the Celtic Croft’s Right Fit™ Guarantee makes for a worry-free ordering process
- Choose from several Irish tartans for optimal customized design
- 4 to 5 yards of fabric with machine-stitched, shallow pleats for a multifaceted garment. Wear this kilt proudly to a variety of occasions for years to come