Welsh Tartan Medium Weight Premium Wool Great Kilt
- SKU: KG013WV
- Categories: Clothing and Kilts, Featured, Great Kilts, Kilts, Ren Fair Collection, Seasonal Collections, Welsh Great Cilts, Welsh Tartans and Stuff
- Tags: Custom-Order, Medium Weight, Welsh, Wool
$499.00 – $739.00
Medium Weight Great Kilt
We make these greatkilts from medium weight (12/13 oz.) premium wool tartan, woven in Wakles, 54″ wide. Medium weight tartan will hang better and take a crisper pleat than light weight tartan. Because it’s heavier, it my not be as light and comfortable to wear as homespun, poly/viscose, or light weight (10/11 oz.) premium wool tartan.
Pleating instructions are included with each kilt. Traditionally these kilts are pleated each time you wear them. We ask for size information to be sure that your kilt will fit you correctly, but we do not pleat the kilt for you unless you also select Cheater Pleats™ as an additional option.
Special-order. Please allow 4-12 weeks for delivery.
A 4 yard kilt will fit up to about a 34 inch waist, a 5 yard kilt will fit up to about a 44 inch waist, and a 6 yard kilt will fit up to about a 50 inch waist. If you are larger than this please contact us for pricing on larger kilts. Also, If your waist size is close to one of these limits, consider the next size larger if you want deeper pleats or pleats closer together. For example:
If you have a 34 inch waist, a 4 yd greatkilt will have pleats 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 3-4 inches deep. A 5 yd greatkilt will have pleats approximately 1 inch wide and 3-4 inches deep or 1.5 – 2 inches wide and 6-8 inches deep. In this example a 6 yd greatkilt would be overkill with a 34 inch waist, but it would have pleats about 1 inch wide and 6-8 inches deep.
4 yds, $419 (fits up to a 34in waist)
5 yds, $519 (fits up to a 44in waist)
6 yds, $619 (fits up to a 50in waist)
How to measure for your Greatkilt:
1) Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
2) Measure from your waist to about the middle of the knee.
Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurement will change.
Note — The length measurement is really only relevant if you are adding Cheater Pleats™, but the form above asks for it regardless, so you might as well do it right!
Afallon/Avalon, Davies/Davis, Edwards, Ellis/Bellis, Evans/Bevan, Eynon/Beynon, Griffiths, Gwyn/Wynn, Harry/Parry, Hopkins, Howells/Powell, Hughes/Pugh, James, Jenkins, Jones/John, Lewis, Llewellyn, Lloyd, Madoc, Meredith, Morgan, Morris, Owen/Bowen, Phillips, Powys County, Pride of Wales, Protheroe, Rees/Preece, Rice/Price, Richards/Pritchard, Roberts/Probert, Rosser/Prosser, Spirit of Glyndwr Gold, Spirit of Glyndwr Grey, Spirit of Glyndwr Red, St Davids/Welsh National, Thomas, Vaughan, Watkins/Walters, Williams
|Great Kilt Size||
4 Yard Great Kilt, 5 Yard Great Kilt, 6 Yard Great Kilt
|Waist Size (Inches)||
26W, 27W, 28W, 29W, 30W, 31W, 32W, 33W, 34W, 35W, 36W, 37W, 38W, 39W, 40W, 41W, 42W, 43W, 44W, 45W, 46W, 47W, 48W, 49W, 50W, 51W, 52W, 53W, 54W, 55W, 56W, 57W, 58W, 59W, 60W
|Kilt Length (Inches)||
18L, 19L, 20L, 21L, 22L, 23L, 24L, 25L, 26L
4ft 11in, 5ft 0in, 5ft 1in, 5ft 2in, 5ft 3in, 5ft 4in, 5ft 5in, 5ft 6in, 5ft 7in, 5ft 8in, 5ft 9in, 5ft 10in, 5ft 11in, 6ft 0in, 6ft 1in, 6ft 2in, 6ft 3in, 6ft 4in, 6ft 5in, 6ft 6in
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
Made in the USA from medium weight (12/13 oz) premium wool tartan, woven in Scotland. Tartan availability is more limited, but if you are going to go with modern tartan rather than homespun, and if your tartan happens to be available, we recommend a medium weight kilt.
- Phillabeg Made in the USA
- US Army Tartan Woven in Scotland
- 100% Premium Wool
- Light or Medium Weight Tartan
- Thin, Breathable Fabric (Light Weight)
- Recommended for Summer Events
- Medium Weight for Crisper Pleats
- 4 yds, (fits up to a 34in waist)
- 5 yds, (fits up to a 44in waist)
- 6 yds, (fits up to a 50in waist)
- Affordable, durable option made with hypoallergenic acrylic fiber makes the Irish Tartan AcryliKilt a perfect first kilt that is easy to care for
- This cool and lightweight kilt in Irish tartan is an ideal choice for summer months and for those with an active lifestyle
- Tough with a high-quality appearance, this kilt is made for versatility. It includes belt loops, three straps, and a buckle
- This kilt comes with our Right Fit™ Guarantee, meaning an affordable, comfortable, and well-fitting kilt is within reach
- Braveheart-style traditional kilt made from 6-10 yards of tartan woven in Scotland.
- There are over 200 clan and non-clan tartan designs to choose from.
- The Single-width ancient kilt is lightweight and practical for warm-weather wear.
- Customizable and fits up to 60-inch waist, and added pre-pleated Cheater pleats for convenience.