Light Weight Premium Wool Great Kilt
- Traditional Great Kilt made with 4-6 yards of tartan, fitting up to 60-inch waist
- Woven in Scotland for an authentic look with premium wool
- Lightweight fabric makes for comfortable warm-weather wear
- Customizable with pre-pleated cheater pleats as a convenient option
Light Weight Great Kilt
What’s better than owning a custom-made Great Kilt? Owning one that is woven right in Scotland! That can all be yours with our premium wool kilts made from tartans woven in Scotland. These Great Kilts are made with lightweight fabric to keep you comfortable even during hot, summer days at a Ren Fair or Highland Games. Choose from sizes ranging from 4 to 6 yards and fitting up to a 60-inch waist so you can find the perfect fit. No need to fret if you don’t know how (or don’t have the time) to pleat your Great Kilt yourself—you have the option of adding cheater pleats for your convenience.
How to measure for your Great kilt:
- Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
- Measure from your waist to about the middle of the knee.
- Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurement will change.
- The length measurement is really only relevant if you are adding Cheater Pleats, but the form above asks for it regardless, so you might as well do it right!
|4 yds||(fits up to a 38in waist)|
|5 yds||(fits up to a 48in waist)|
|6 yds||(fits up to a 60in waist)|
If you are larger than this, please contact us for pricing on larger kilts. Also, If your waist size is close to one of these limits, consider the next size larger if you want deeper pleats or pleats closer together.
Pleat your own or Cheater Pleats™
Pleating instructions are included with each kilt. Traditionally these kilts are pleated each time you wear them. We ask for size information to be sure that your kilt will fit you correctly, but we do not pleat the kilt for you unless you add Cheater Pleats™ as an Added Option. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery. If you add Cheater Pleats™ to your kilt, it becomes a custom-made item. Custom-order terms and conditions apply. Please click to view important information about custom-order items.
Your Kilt is Guaranteed to Fit!
Our goal is to make the ordering of your kilt as stress-free and enjoyable as possible. We know it’s a big commitment to spend hundreds of dollars on a custom-made kilt. The last thing you need to worry about is whether or not your kilt will fit you as it should. So, to put you at ease, we are willing to guarantee your kilt will fit! Please see our Right Fit™ Guarantee for all the details.
We look forward to handling your kilt order! Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions. (Also, we would love to have some feedback from you if our fit guarantee helped you to make your decision to order.) Thanks!