Light Weight Premium Wool Great Kilt
- 4 Yard (fits up to a 38″ waist) $399.00
- 5 Yard (fits up to a 48″ waist) $499.00
- 6 Yard (fits up to a 60″ waist) $599.00
Light Weight Great Kilt
The light weight Great kilt is made in house by our very talented kilt marker from our light weight (10/11 oz.) premium wool tartan, woven in Scotland. 54″ wide. Available in a 4 yard, 5 yard, or 6 yard pre- pleated Cheater pleats or tradition for you to pleat yourselves. Made in the USA.
- Cheater Pleats are Available
- Light weight (10/11 oz.) premium wool tartan
- Made in the USA at The Celtic Croft
- Made by very talented kilt maker
- 52″-54″ double width tartan
The Great kilt and a bit O’history
The great kilt being a double width allows the bottom to be pleated while the rest is thrown up on the shoulders or tucked into the waist band to create its cape like hood to be protected from Y’Fine Scottish weather. When the sun shined the extra fabric could be wrapped and tucked into the waist to create loops and folds that were used to shove your kill of the day, or other items. The great kilt was used as a form on clothing The great kilt enjoyed popularity until the Act of 1746 banned all forms of Highland Dress.
How to measure for your Great kilt:
- Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
- Measure from your waist to about the middle of the knee.
- Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurement will change.
- The length measurement is really only relevant if you are adding Cheater Pleats, but the form above asks for it regardless, so you might as well do it right!
|4 yds||(fits up to a 38in waist)|
|5 yds||(fits up to a 48in waist)|
|6 yds||(fits up to a 60in waist)|
If you are larger than this please contact us for pricing on larger kilts. Also, If your waist size is close to one of these limits, consider the next size larger if you want deeper pleats or pleats closer together.
Pleat your own or Cheater Pleats™
Pleating instructions are included with each kilt. Traditionally these kilts are pleated each time you wear them. We ask for size information to be sure that your kilt will fit you correctly, but we do not pleat the kilt for you unless you add Cheater Pleats™ as an Added Option. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery. If you add Cheater Pleats™ to your kilt, it becomes a custom-made item. Custom-order terms and conditions apply. Please click to view important information about custom-order items.
Your Kilt is Guaranteed to Fit!
Our goal is to make the ordering of your kilt as stress free and enjoyable as possible. We know it’s a big commitment to spend hundreds of dollars on a custom-made kilt. The last thing you need to worry about is whether or not your kilt will fit you like it should. So, to put you at ease, we are willing to guarantee your kilt will fit! Please see our Right Fit™ Guarantee for all the details.
We look forward to handling your kilt order! Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions. (Also, we would love to have some feedback from you if our fit guarantee helped you to make your decision to order.) Thanks!