Irish Tartan Light Weight 11oz Premium Wool Ancient Kilt
- SKU: KA11I
- Categories: Irish, Premium Wool, Kilts, Irish Kilts, Irish Ancient Kilts, Ancient Kilts, Irish Tartans and Stuff, Irish Tartan Kilts
- Tags: Custom-Order, Irish, Light Weight, Made in Scotland, Wool
- Irish Tartan Premium Wool Ancient Kilt is a lightweight kilt ideally suited to outdoor historical or heritage events
- Three different yard lengths and a range of classic Irish tartans to choose from. Find an excellent fit suited to your personal measurements
- Hand-woven and expertly crafted in Scotland for quality and authenticity
- This kilt is made from premium lightweight wool, which allows for versatility and a cooler, more breathable feel
$329.00 – $614.00
Irish Tartan Premium Wool Ancient Kilt
Bid a hearty Céad míle fáilte (a thousand welcomes) to guests at your next function with the Irish Tartan Premium Wool Ancient Kilt. Movie buffs will recognize this kilt style from the immortal Celtic classic Braveheart. You will love wearing this distinctive garment at reenactments, Renaissance fairs, or Highland Games. This kilt is on the lighter side, making it perfect for warm-weather events! Available in three different sizes and a range of Irish tartans bespoke quality. Many from the famed Scottish kilt manufacturer House of Edgar. What’s more, you can pleat it yourself or customize this kilt with our no-fuss Cheater Pleated™ option.
This is a custom, made-to-order product just for you. Premium wool tartans generally take 4-10 weeks to get to us, depending on availability. Once your tartan arrives to us, it will take us a day or two to complete your kilt (add a day for cheater pleats) and then your kilt will ship to you! Please click here for more information on custom-order items.
- 6 yard Ancient Kilt fits up to about a 38 inch waist.
- 8 yard Ancient Kilt fits up to about a 48 inch waist.
- 10 yard Ancient Kilt fits up to about about a 62 inch waist.
- Larger kilts are available. Please contact us.
Depending on waist size, pleats will vary between one and two inches wide (pleats will get wider as waist size increases). If your waist size is close to one of the limits above, consider the next size larger if you want deeper pleats or pleats closer together.
How to measure for your Ancient Kilt
- Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurements will change.
- Kilt Waist: Measure the waist size at your actual waist, where you usually wear your pants.
- Kilt Length: Measure the length from your waist to about the middle of the knee.
|Light Weight Tartans||
All Ireland Blue, All Ireland Green, All Ireland Red, Connaught Modern, Connemara Modern, Leinster Green Modern, Munster Modern, Murphy/Tara (Ancient), St Patrick Modern, Ulster Modern, Ulster Red Modern
|Ancient Kilt Size||
6 Yard Ancient Kilt, 8 Yard Ancient Kilt, 10 Yard Ancient Kilt
|Waist Size (Inches)||
26W, 27W, 28W, 29W, 30W, 31W, 32W, 33W, 34W, 35W, 36W, 37W, 38W, 39W, 40W, 41W, 42W, 43W, 44W, 45W, 46W, 47W, 48W, 49W, 50W, 51W, 52W, 53W, 54W, 55W, 56W, 57W, 58W, 59W, 60W
|Kilt Length (Inches)||
18L, 19L, 20L, 21L, 22L, 23L, 24L, 25L, 26L
4ft 11in, 5ft 0in, 5ft 1in, 5ft 2in, 5ft 3in, 5ft 4in, 5ft 5in, 5ft 6in, 5ft 7in, 5ft 8in, 5ft 9in, 5ft 10in, 5ft 11in, 6ft 0in, 6ft 1in, 6ft 2in, 6ft 3in, 6ft 4in, 6ft 5in, 6ft 6in
No Pleats, Pleat to Sett, Pleat to Stripe, Box Pleats
Do not iron, Lightly ironed, Crisply ironed
|Straps and Buckles||
No Straps or Buckles, Add Straps and Buckles
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Phillabeg Made in the USA
- Poly/Viscose Tartan Woven in Scotland
- Polyester and Viscose Blend
- Thin, Breathable Fabric
- Recommended for Summer Events
- 4 yds, (fits up to a 38in waist)
- 5 yds, (fits up to a 48in waist)
- 6 yds, (fits up to a 60in waist)
- Quality and affordable kid kilts made for boys and girls
- Poly/viscose blend is fully washable and makes for a durable fabric
- Fastens with leather straps and buckles at the waist for a secure fit
- Waist size ranging from 16 inches to 26 inches with an elastic waistband for growing room
- These Irish Great Kilts are perfect for Renaissance festivals, Irish fairs, and Highland Games
- Our homespun tartan is woven by hand on old-world looms for an authentic look
- Made with a quality, comfortable 55/45 blend of polyester and wool
- Available in three Irish tartans and come with pleating instructions for your convenience, or customize with cheater pleats.
- Tartan Woven in Scotland
- Medium Weight 12/13 oz Premium Wool Tartan
- 4 Yard (fits up to a 38″ waist)
- 5 Yard (fits up to a 48″ waist)
- 6 Yard (fits up to a 60″ waist)