9 Yard Light Weight Premium Wool Kilt
Hand crafted 9 Yard Light Weight Premium Wool Kilt to your measurements by skilled kiltmakers in Scotland. Made from light weight (10/11oz) 100% premium wool tartan, woven in Scotland. Formal Kilts have hand-stitched pleats, with lots of attention to detail, making these the nicest kilts available. Made with at least 8 yards of tartan, and constructed to last a lifetime.
- One of the finest kilts available anywhere-Heirloom-quality
- Tailor-made in Scotland
- Made from 8-10 yards of tartan
- Light weight (10/11oz.) 100% Premium wool tartan
- Fully lined, 3 straps and buckles with belt loops
- Right Fit™ Guarantee
Light weight premium wool makes a lighter kilt, which is especially nice for hot weather. While there are more than 1,000 tartans to choose from, not all tartans are available in all weights. We work with 8 different woolen mills to bring you the largest possible selection. If your tartan is available in medium weight we generally recommend this weight for durability and crisper pleats.
Pleat to Sett vs. Pleat to Stripe
Pleat to sett — Each pleat is positioned so that the pattern (sett) appears to continue through the pleated portion of the kilt. This is the standard default pleating method. Probably 90% of the kilts we make are Pleat to Sett.
Pleat to stripe — A prominent stripe in the pattern is chosen, and that stripe is centered down the middle of each pleat. This is a traditional military style, and can look very nice. Some tartans just don’t look good pleated to stripe however. If you choose this option we will let you know if it can’t (or shouldn’t) be done.
- Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurements will change.
- Measure comfortably around your middle, at your navel (belly button). This is your kilt waist. If you have a bit more around the middle than you might like to have (like I do), you may want to measure a little higher than the navel to get over the crest of the “beer gut”. The higher waist will help your kilt stay up where it belongs.
- Measure around your hips at the fullest point (usually 6-8 inches below the kilt waist).
- Measure from your kilt waist to about the middle of the knee.
Your Kilt is Guaranteed to Fit!
Our goal is to make the ordering of your kilt as stress free and enjoyable as possible. We know it’s a big commitment to spend hundreds of dollars on a custom-made kilt. We know that you don’t want to worry about is whether or not your kilt will fit you like it should. Therefore, to put you at ease, we are willing to guarantee your kilt will fit! Please see our Right Fit™ Guarantee for all the details.
We look forward to handling your kilt order! Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions. (Also, we would love to have some feedback from you if our fit guarantee helped you to make your decision to order.) Thanks!