Poly Viscose Medium Weight 5 Yard Kilts
The poly viscose medium weight casual kilt is hand crafted to your measurements by skilled kilt makers in Scotland. Made from medium weight (12/13oz) poly/viscose synthetic blend tartan. Constructed just like their premium wool counterparts (except poly/viscose tartan is woven without a finished selvedge edge, so kilts will be hemmed). Made with 4-6 yds of tartan (vs. 8-9 yds in a formal kilt). The pleats are machine stitched, and a bit shallower and wider than those of a formal kilt.
- Made from medium weight (12/13oz) poly/viscose tartan
- Handcrafted in Scotland by skilled kilt makers
- Fully lined 3 straps and buckles with belt loops
- Right Fit™ Guarantee
About Poly/Viscose Tartan
Whether you are allergic to wool, or just want a great looking kilt for less, our poly/viscose synthetic blend is a great way to go! Hard wearing, “washable” (dry-cleaning is still recommended), and cool to wear, to the untrained eye our poly/viscose is nearly indistinguishable from expensive 100% wool tartan. Hard wearing, washable, and cool to wear, to the untrained eye it is nearly indistinguishable from expensive 100% wool tartan. This tartan is woven in the UK from a 65/35 blend of polyester and viscose. With about 60 tartans available to choose from, our poly/viscose makes the most affordable Casual Kilts available!
- Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurements will change.
- Measure your waist size in inches at the navel (belly button). This is the traditional kilt waist. Alternatively, many men prefer to wear their Casual Kilts at the pants waist. If this is what you choose, then measure comfortably around your waist where the top of your pants rest. Or, If you intend to wear your kilt mostly for formal occasions, and you have a bit more around the middle than you might like to have, you may want to measure a little higher than the navel to get over the crest of the “beer gut”. The higher waist is more formal, but it will help your kilt stay up where it belongs.
- Measure around your hips at the fullest point (usually 6-8 inches below the waist).
- Measure from your desired kilt waist to about the middle of the knee.
Your Kilt is Guaranteed to Fit!
Our goal is to make the ordering of your kilt as stress free and enjoyable as possible. We know it’s a big commitment to spend hundreds of dollars on a custom-made kilt. The last thing you need to worry about is whether or not your kilt will fit you like it should. So, to put you at ease, we are willing to guarantee your kilt will fit! Please see our Right Fit™ Guarantee for all the details.
We look forward to handling your kilt order! Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions. (Also, we would love to have some feedback from you if our fit guarantee helped you to make your decision to order.) Thanks!