5 Yard Old & Rare Tartans Premium Wool Kilts
Our 5 yard old & rare tartans medium weight premium wool casual kilt is hand crafted to your measurements by skilled kilt makers in Scotland. Made from medium weight (12/13oz) 100% premium wool tartan, woven in Scotland. The Casual Kilt is a really nice looking kilt! It’s also quite a bit less expensive than a formal kilt. You save money because it’s made with less fabric. Made with 4-6 yds of tartan (vs. 8-9 yds in a formal kilt). The pleats are machine stitched, and a bit shallower and wider than those of a formal kilt.
This casual kilt is more expensive, because tartan list F is the Old & Rare tartans collection. (Some of the tartans in the list may not look old or rare, but they are included in this list because they are woven and stocked in much more limited quantities).
The Casual Kilt is a really nice looking kilt! It’s also quite a bit less expensive than a formal kilt. You save money because it’s made with less fabric. Made with 4-5 yds of tartan (vs. 8-9 yds in a formal kilt). The pleats are machine stitched, and a bit shallower and wider than those of a formal kilt.
While there are more than 1,000 tartans to choose from, not all tartans are available in all weights. We work with 8 different woolen mills to bring you the largest possible selection. If your tartan is available in medium weight we generally recommend this weight for durability and crisper pleats.
- Tailor-made in Scotland just for you
- Made from 4-6 yards of tartan
- Heavy weight (10/11oz.) 100% Premium wool tartan
- Fully lined, 3 straps and buckles with belt loops
- Right Fit™ Guarantee
Custom-made just for you! Please allow 6-12 weeks for delivery. Please click for important information about custom-order items.
- Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurements will change.
- Measure your waist size in inches at the navel (belly button). This is the traditional kilt waist. Alternatively, many men prefer to wear their Casual Kilts at the pants waist. If this is what you choose, then measure comfortably around your waist where the top of your pants rest. Or, If you intend to wear your kilt mostly for formal occasions, and you have a bit more around the middle than you might like to have, you may want to measure a little higher than the navel to get over the crest of the “beer gut”. The higher waist is more formal, but it will help your kilt stay up where it belongs.
- Measure around your hips at the fullest point (usually 6-8 inches below the waist).
- Measure from your waist (kilt waist or pants waist accordingly) to about the middle of the knee.
Your Kilt is Guaranteed to Fit!
Our goal is to make the ordering of your kilt as stress free and enjoyable as possible. We know it’s a big commitment to spend hundreds of dollars on a custom-made kilt. The last thing you need to worry about is whether or not your kilt will fit you like it should. So, to put you at ease, we are willing to guarantee your kilt will fit! Please see our Right Fit™ Guarantee for all the details.
We look forward to handling your kilt order! Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions. (Also, we would love to have some feedback from you if our fit guarantee helped you to make your decision to order.) Thanks!