Medium Weight Irish Casual Kilt
- Affordable, durable, and stylish casual kilt that is made with 4-5 yards of tartan
- Handcrafted in Scotland and made with any of our beautiful medium weight tartans
- Machine stitched pleats that are shallower and wider than a formal kilt and is made with medium weight 100% premium wool (12 or 13 oz)
- Custom-made and covered by our Right Fit Guarantee™. Easily add a matching fly plaid, matching flashes, and/or a kilt hanger
Medium Weight Irish Premium Wool Casual Kilt
An affordable Scottish-made kilt, this casual kilt is made with medium weight (12 or 13 oz) premium wool. The pleats of this kilt are machine-stitched and are shallower and wider than a formal kilt. Made with 4-5 yards of tartan (less than a formal kilt), it is affordable but does not sacrifice any of its style.
This kilt is custom-made and handcrafted in Scotland by highly skilled kiltmakers and covered by our Right Fit Guarantee™. Make it your own—choose between our choice of tartans and add on a matching fly plaid, matching flashes, or a kilt hanger.
- Have someone help you. If you bend even a little while trying to do it yourself, the measurements will change.
- Measure your waist size in inches at the navel (belly button). This is the traditional kilt waist. Alternatively, many men prefer to wear their Casual Kilts at the pants waist. If this is what you choose, then measure comfortably around your waist where the top of your pants rest. Or, If you intend to wear your kilt mostly for formal occasions, and you have a bit more around the middle than you might like to have, you may want to measure a little higher than the navel to get over the crest of the “beer gut”. The higher waist is more formal, but it will help your kilt stay up where it belongs.
- Measure around your hips at the fullest point (usually 6-8 inches below the waist).
- Measure from your waist (kilt waist or pants waist accordingly) to about the middle of the knee.
Your Kilt is Guaranteed to Fit!
Our goal is to make the ordering of your kilt as stress-free and enjoyable as possible. We know it’s a big commitment to spend hundreds of dollars on a custom-made kilt. The last thing you need to worry about is whether or not your kilt will fit you like it should. So, to put you at ease, we are willing to guarantee your kilt will fit! Please see our Right Fit™ Guarantee for all the details.
We look forward to handling your kilt order! Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions. (Also, we would love to have some feedback from you if our fit guarantee helped you to make your decision to order.) Thanks!