Tree of Life Celtic Knot Premium Leather Sporran
- SKU: SGTY15
- Categories: Highland Accessories, Premium Leather Sporrans, Sporrans, The Magic of Beltane
- Tags: Leather, Special-Order, Tree of Life
$145.00 – $150.00
History of the Celtic Tree of Life
The Tree of Life was called crann bethadh by the Ancient Celts, who believed that it had magical powers. Celtic people honored the Tree of Life by leaving one big tree in the middle of their fields when they cleared their land. Underneath the branches of this tree, the Celts held gatherings and appointed their chieftains. The tree was able to provide shelter, food, and medicine, leading the Celts to believe that it had enough power to care for all life. Chopping down the tree was considered a serious crime meaning that the biggest triumph one would be able to achieve over their enemy was to chop down their Tree of Life.
The Celtic Tree of Life symbol has many different interpretations. The Tree of Life is a representation harmony and balance in nature. The Tree of Life, to the Celts, symbolized strength, a long life, and wisdom. The tree also represents rebirth, as it will lose its leaves during the fall season, hibernate throughout the winter, and will be reborn again once spring arrives. The Celts also believed that they actually came from trees, and considered them magical, living beings. Trees were said to guard the land and acted as a doorway into the spirit world.
The Tree of Life connects the lower and upper worlds as its roots grow far down while its branches reach high. The tree trunk connects both of these worlds to the Earth’s plane. It was with this connection of worlds, that it was said that people are able communicate with the gods in the heavens using the Tree of Life.
The Tree of Life was also a big part of Norse belief as well, known as Yggdrasil.
What Are Celtic Knots?
Celtic knots are referred to as endless knots due to the fact that they do not have an end or a beginning. The endless knots represents the eternalness of nature. Tree of Life knots symbolize the branches and roots of a tree which are woven together with no end to show how the cycle of life is continuous. The Celtic Tree of Life knot is associated with positive energy, making it a widely used design for tattoos and other art.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- The Standard Rob Roy Sporran links your style to the notorious Scottish highland rebel, Rob Roy; its straightforward practicality is traditional of 18th-century highland dress
- Crafted with genuine leather, a spacious interior, and pewter button drawstring closure makes this sporran elegant and practical
- Affordability, craftsmanship, and authenticity combine to make this a durable and reliable accessory
- Includes a chain strap so you can start wearing it with your kilt right away
- Made with black leather; easy to wipe down and keep clean
- Designed for children up to 10 years of age, this comes with a child-size chain strap to attach it to their kilt
- A classic look that makes it appropriate for any occasion
- Measures 5.5 inches x 5 inches and the accessible snap enclosure makes it easy for children of all ages to open and close
- Our best-selling sporran that will complement your Celtic outfit, regardless of the occasion
- Choose between a chain strap or suspender for the right look for you
- Easy-to-use snap closure; the perfect place to store your keys, wallet, phone, or flask
- Made with good-quality black leather and embossed with an eye-catching braided Celtic knot design to represent love, loyalty or faith eternal