Damascus Steel Sgian Achlais Ebony Wood Handle
- 9.5″ OVERALL LENGTH
- 4.5″ BLADE LENGTH
- 5″ HANDLE
- WOOD HANDLE
- DAMASCUS GUARD AND POMMEL
- DAMASCUS BLADE
In stock (can be backordered)
The sgian dubh was for utility, but the sgian achlais (armpit dagger) was a weapon. It was usually concealed under the arm and was possibly slung with a strap or cord or tucked into a great kilt.
Each knife has a 4½ inch Damascus steel blade with the entire knife measuring 9 inches. The fine quality leather sheath, damascus crown and ebony wood grip give it a historic feel.
The sheath’s backside has a leather loop so it can attach to a strap, cord, or kilt belt.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Sgian dubh cast in lead-free pewter and plated in palladium — fits nicely into your kilt hose
- Choose between six gemstones (black, blue, green, red, topaz, purple) — the stone has a multi-facet cut and gold foil backed
- Traditional 4-piece metalwork and designed with the thistle symbol, a symbol of Scottish nobility and valor
- Connect to your ancestry and heritage by choosing from over 250+ clan crests or generic crests (i.e., Lion, Thistle, St. Andrews, Piper, or Masonic crests)
- Measures 7.5 inches overall with a 4 inch blade
- Rustic wood handle and an authentic made-in-Scotland black sheath
- Traditionally tucked into the top of the kilt hose and worn on the same side as the dominant hand
- Old-fashioned look; pair with a great kilt or ancient kilt or wear it to a historical event
- Measures 2″ Wide and Approx. 5″ Long
- Features a Small Buckle and Strap
- Slide Your Belt Through the 2″ Loop
- Buckle the Small Strap Onto Your Dirk
- There Should Be a Metal Loop to Slip it Through
- Polished Rhodium-Plated Scottish Thistle Mounts
- Choose from 6 Stone Colors: Cairngorm, Red, Green, Blue, Black, and Amethyst
- Very Nice Display and Storage Case
- More than 250 Clan Crests Available
- Special-order. Please allow 4-8 weeks for delivery. Please click for important information about special-order items.