Rustic Wood Handled Sgian Dubh – Black Sheath
- Measures 7.5 inches overall with a 4 inch blade
- Rustic wood handle and an authentic made-in-Scotland black sheath
- Traditionally tucked into the top of the kilt hose and worn on the same side as the dominant hand
- Old-fashioned look; pair with a great kilt or ancient kilt or wear it to a historical event
Measuring 7.5 inches with a 4” blade, this quality sheath was made in Scotland. The aged look will complement any great kilt or ancient kilt. You will feel like you’ve traveled back in time with the rustic wood handle.
Part of an authentic Scottish outfit, the Sgian Dubh was worn tucked into the top of a kilt hose and used to prepare and eat biadh (food). It is worn on the same side as your dominant hand. Historians theorize that the secondary meaning of dubh (hidden) is used as the handle of the Sgian Dubh was the only part showing.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Channel your inner Highland warrior with the Damascus Sgian Achlais with Rosewood and Olivewood Grip, perfect for authentic Celtic outfits.
- The Sgian Achlais comes with a fine quality leather sheath, brass inlaid hilt, and rosewood and olivewood grip.
- A leather loop on the back side of the sheath attaches to a cord, rope, or standard belt.
- The Damascus steel blade measures 4½ inches, and the entire knife measures 9 inches.
- This 52-inch black wood-handled claymore is the ceremonial weapon you need to adorn your Celtic outfit or to add to your collection of Celtic weaponry
- The blade is crafted from fine-quality stainless steel with a black-lacquered wood handle and includes luxurious embellishments such as a chrome hilt and pommel
- With a 40-inch blade and a 52-inch body overall, this claymore will sit comfortably at your side or will make elegant home decor
- Our matching genuine leather sheath is complimentary with this claymore