Rustic Wood Handled Sgian Dubh – Black Sheath
- Measures 7.5 inches overall with a 4 inch blade
- Rustic wood handle and an authentic made-in-Scotland black sheath
- Traditionally tucked into the top of the kilt hose and worn on the same side as the dominant hand
- Old-fashioned look; pair with a great kilt or ancient kilt or wear it to a historical event
Out of stock
Want to know when we're back in stock?
Measuring 7.5 inches with a 4” blade, this quality sheath was made in Scotland. The aged look will complement any great kilt or ancient kilt. You will feel like you’ve traveled back in time with the rustic wood handle.
Part of an authentic Scottish outfit, the Sgian Dubh was worn tucked into the top of a kilt hose and used to prepare and eat biadh (food). It is worn on the same side as your dominant hand. Historians theorize that the secondary meaning of dubh (hidden) is used as the handle of the Sgian Dubh was the only part showing.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- 7 1/8 inches long
- 5 different color gem stone choices – Amethyst typically in stock
- Thistle and Celtic knot detailing
- Made from hard, black plastic
- Iconic Scottish toast on the back
- Made in Scotland
- Handcrafted in Scotland with thistle metalwork design with the Masonic symbol of the compass and square
- Traditional 4-piece metalwork, cast in lead-free pewter and plated in palladium
- Multi-faceted and gold foil backed stone on the handle with your choice of blue, amber, green, purple, and red stone
- Stainless steel blade that comes with an attractive presentation box (perfect for gift giving!)
- Each Stag Handle Sgian Dubh is unique.
- It’s hand-carved in Scotland by highly skilled craftsmen from the antler of a red stag.
- We pair this piece with a stainless steel blade and embossed leather sheath.
- The perfect accessory to complete your Celtic outfit, it tucks nicely into kilt hose.
- Sgian dubh cast in lead-free pewter and plated in palladium — fits nicely into your kilt hose
- Choose between six gemstones (black, blue, green, red, topaz, purple) — the stone has a multi-facet cut and gold foil backed
- Traditional 4-piece metalwork and designed with the thistle symbol, a symbol of Scottish nobility and valor
- Connect to your ancestry and heritage by choosing from over 250+ clan crests or generic crests (i.e., Lion, Thistle, St. Andrews, Piper, or Masonic crests)