Rustic Wood Handled Sgian Dubh – Black Sheath
- Measures 7.5 inches overall with a 4 inch blade
- Rustic wood handle and an authentic made-in-Scotland black sheath
- Traditionally tucked into the top of the kilt hose and worn on the same side as the dominant hand
- Old-fashioned look; pair with a great kilt or ancient kilt or wear it to a historical event
Only 4 left in stock
Measuring 7.5 inches with a 4” blade, this quality sheath was made in Scotland. The aged look will complement any great kilt or ancient kilt. You will feel like you’ve traveled back in time with the rustic wood handle.
Part of an authentic Scottish outfit, the Sgian Dubh was worn tucked into the top of a kilt hose and used to prepare and eat biadh (food). It is worn on the same side as your dominant hand. Historians theorize that the secondary meaning of dubh (hidden) is used as the handle of the Sgian Dubh was the only part showing.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Pentagram Motif on Handle
- Celtic Cross Pommel
- Red Bead in the Center of the Cross
- Celtic Knotwork with Negative Space on the Cross-Guard
- A Saxon’s Braid Celtic Knot on the Sheath
- Metal Locket and Chape on Scabbard
- Hard, Black Plastic Handle and Sheath
- Imitates the Look of Leather
- Dull, Stainless Steel, Spear Point Blade
- Each Stag Handle Sgian Dubh is unique.
- It’s hand-carved in Scotland by highly skilled craftsmen from the antler of a red stag.
- We pair this piece with a stainless steel blade and embossed leather sheath.
- The perfect accessory to complete your Celtic outfit, it tucks nicely into kilt hose.
- Measures 2″ Wide and Approx. 5″ Long
- Features a Small Buckle and Strap
- Slide Your Belt Through the 2″ Loop
- Buckle the Small Strap Onto Your Dirk
- There Should Be a Metal Loop to Slip it Through