Tree of Life Celtic Knot Premium Leather Sporran
- SKU: SGTY15
- Categories: Highland Accessories, Sporrans, Premium Leather Sporrans, The Magic of Beltane
- Tags: Leather, Special-Order, Tree of Life
History of the Celtic Tree of Life
The Tree of Life was called crann bethadh by the Ancient Celts, who believed that it had magical powers. Celtic people honored the Tree of Life by leaving one big tree in the middle of their fields when they cleared their land. Underneath the branches of this tree, the Celts held gatherings and appointed their chieftains. The tree was able to provide shelter, food, and medicine, leading the Celts to believe that it had enough power to care for all life. Chopping down the tree was considered a serious crime meaning that the biggest triumph one would be able to achieve over their enemy was to chop down their Tree of Life.
The Celtic Tree of Life symbol has many different interpretations. The Tree of Life is a representation harmony and balance in nature. The Tree of Life, to the Celts, symbolized strength, a long life, and wisdom. The tree also represents rebirth, as it will lose its leaves during the fall season, hibernate throughout the winter, and will be reborn again once spring arrives. The Celts also believed that they actually came from trees, and considered them magical, living beings. Trees were said to guard the land and acted as a doorway into the spirit world.
The Tree of Life connects the lower and upper worlds as its roots grow far down while its branches reach high. The tree trunk connects both of these worlds to the Earth’s plane. It was with this connection of worlds, that it was said that people are able communicate with the gods in the heavens using the Tree of Life.
The Tree of Life was also a big part of Norse belief as well, known as Yggdrasil.
What Are Celtic Knots?
Celtic knots are referred to as endless knots due to the fact that they do not have an end or a beginning. The endless knots represents the eternalness of nature. Tree of Life knots symbolize the branches and roots of a tree which are woven together with no end to show how the cycle of life is continuous. The Celtic Tree of Life knot is associated with positive energy, making it a widely used design for tattoos and other art.
|Chain Strap Size||
Sporran Suspender (One Size), Small (Up to 34 inch), Medium (Up to 43 Inch), Large (40-48 Inch), XL (45-53 Inch), XXL (50-58 Inch), XXXL (54-62 Inch)
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Made with black leather; easy to wipe down and keep clean
- Designed for children up to 10 years of age, this comes with a child-size chain strap to attach it to their kilt
- A classic look that makes it appropriate for any occasion
- Measures 5.5 inches x 5 inches and the accessible snap enclosure makes it easy for children of all ages to open and close
The Black Cantle Fur Sporran is an imposing piece perfect for formal wear
Heirloom-quality leather with real black rabbit fur. A sporran featuring tassel ornamentation for regal authenticity
Cantle closure evokes majestic highland hunting parties of the past, while an easy snap closure confers modern practicality
Dress this piece up or down by choosing between the classic sporran suspender or a chain strap
- Best-selling, durable black leather Spike Closure Leather Sporran, embossed with a classic Celtic knot design
- An eye-catching spike closure gives a punk rock touch to this practical accessory
- Ample, secure storage with the bonus of three black leather tassel embellishments
- Your preference between a chain strap or a sporran suspender to compliment your kilt
- Or grab a Premium Sporran Chain Strap for a nice upgrade