Antiqued Thistle Knot Dress Sporran
This formal dress sporran is a particularly striking sporran. The top, or cantle successfully incorporates both celtic and thistle designs. The sporran is made using a bovine skin which can be either light grey, dark grey, or black. The bovine fur is unique to each sporran, so colors will vary. This sporran is hand crafted in Glasgow by dedicated and experienced craftsmen specializing in Sporran making. This Sporran is also available in an Chrome finish and can be cross chained if desired. Please specify when ordering. Price includes a matching chain strap. Please allow 3-8 weeks for delivery.
The Scottish Thistle: The Legend and Meaning
As the most well known and easily recognized symbol of Scotland, the thistle is also believed to be the oldest recorded national flower.
Legend has it that a field of thistles saved a party of sleeping Scots warriors from an ambush by Norse invaders. When one of the Norse attackers trod on a thistle field with his bare feet, his cries and screams roused the Scots. The ambush was made ineffective, and the Scots were able to defeat the invaders. The Scots’ victory was all thanks to the thistle’s thorns! The thistle was then adopted as the symbol of Scotland. It represents the bravery, devotion, durability, strength, and determination of the Celtic people.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Sporran suspender made in Scotland from good-quality black leather
- Features a beautiful, detailed Celtic knot embossed design
- Attaches to any standard 2¼ inch kilt belt
- Adjustable to fit any waist size; features a snap closure for easy on/off
- Our best-selling sporran that will complement your Celtic outfit, regardless of the occasion
- Choose between a chain strap or suspender for the right look for you
- Easy-to-use snap closure; the perfect place to store your keys, wallet, phone, or flask
- Made with good-quality black leather and embossed with an eye-catching braided Celtic knot design to represent love, loyalty or faith eternal
- Made right in Scotland from good-quality black leather
- Attaches to most kilt belts (2.5 inches)
- Convenient snap closure with a Celtic knot design
- Measures 5 inches x 7 inches to hold all your items
- Made with good-quality leather, embossed with the Celtic knot design and adorned with a chrome Scottish thistle symbol
- The braided finish creates a classic, vintage appeal
- Easily accessible snap closure for practical storage for wallet, keys, and other essentials
- Customize your sporran with the choice between a chain strap or suspender to make it your own