15oz Argyle Jacket
- SKU: AJAJ
- Categories: Kilt Shirts and Jackets, Jackets and Vests
- Tags: Custom-Order, Made in Scotland, Wool
- Custom-made to your measurements and nice and versatile enough for semi-formal and formal events (equivalent to a nice suit coat)
- Black silk lining with thistle silhouette motif, available in black, navy blue, burgundy, cream, and bottle green
- Made in Scotland with 100% pure new 15 oz Barathea wool
- Available in chest sizes 34 inches to 68 inches and available in short, regular, and of course long sleeve length
$369.00 – $414.00
15oz Argyle Jacket
Our versatile argyle jacket is a fine choice for all of your semi-formal and formal events. It is less formal than the Prince Charlie jacket and is considered the Scottish equivalent of a nice suit coat.
This jacket is custom-made in Scotland to your measurements with 100% 15 oz Barathea wool for a high-quality and authentic finish. You will love the classic black silk lining with a thistle silhouette for a subtle Celtic touch. It is available in chest sizes 34 inches to 68 inches and short, regular, and long sleeve length. Choose from five colors to pair with your favorite kilt!
Jacket Measuring Instructions
The instructions below are going to differ from what you may have read elsewhere, but in our experience are going to result in the best fit. You can also order based on a jacket you already own that fits well, or go to a men’s store to be professionally measured.
- Extend your arms straight out from your body. Take a full breath and hold it. Have someone measure you around your chest under your arms. Lower your arms to your side, take a deep breath and measure under your arms. The larger of the two is your chest measurement, which is your jacket size *.
- Strange but true: Your shoe size will determine your arm length. If you wear a size 9 or smaller, your jacket will be a SHORT. Shoe size 9-11 order a REGULAR. Larger than 11 order a LONG.
* A potential exception to this rule is if you have earned yourself a good size beer gut. If so, you might want to get a relaxed belly measurement as well. If your chest measurement is smaller than your belly measurement, you might want to go with the belly measurement as your jacket size. Your jacket will be looser in the shoulder, but comfortably fit your beer gut. Another way around this is to order the jacket based on your chest and your vest separately based on your waist.
38 Regular, 38 Long, 38 Short, 40 Regular, 40 Long, 40 Short, 42 Regular, 42 Long, 42 Short, 44 Regular, 44 Long, 44 Short, 46 Regular, 46 Long, 46 Short, 48 Regular, 48 Long, 48 Short, 50 Regular, 50 Long, 50 Short, 52 Long, 52 Regular, 52 Short, 54 Long, 54 Regular, 54 Short, 56 Long, 56 Regular, 56 Short, 58 Long, 58 Regular, 58 Short
Black, Bottle Green, Burgundy, Cream, Navy Blue
You may also like…
Update all similar products that you may like!
- Scottish-made with 15 oz heavyweight wool Barathea with a black silk lining with a thistle silhouette
- Classic and simple; perfect for any semi-formal and formal Scottish occasion
- Choose between three sleeve sizes: short, regular, and long; select one of three deep jewel tones: navy blue, bottle green, and burgundy
- Available in chest sizes 30-68
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Ideal for formal occasions, the 15 oz Prince Charlie Jacket and Vest is 100% pure new wool Barathea
- This tuxedo-equivalent is made in Scotland for maximum authenticity;
- Black silk lining featuring a thistle silhouette motif confers a light touch of elegance
- Find just the right fit; available in Short, Regular, and Long sleeve lengths and chest sizes 30-68
- The Braemar jacket and vest set is made in Scotland from 100% pure Barathea wool for authentic highland style
- It’s appropriate for all semi-formal and formal occasions
- Choose from five colors to fit your needs—customized just for you
- This set is available in sizes 38-56, with larger sizes available on request
- The Scottish equivalent of a nice sports coat and vest and is considered to be less formal than a Prince Charlie jacket
- Made with 100% Barathea wool and available in black, navy blue, bottle green, and burgundy
- Made in Scotland and custom-made to fit you just right (allow 6-12 weeks for delivery)
- Available in chest sizes 38-56 and long, regular, or short sleeve length. It is warm and durable
- Made in Scotland with heavyweight (19 oz) Barathea wool and black silk lining with a charming Scottish thistle motif
- The Scottish equivalent of a tuxedo and perfect for formal or dress occasions such as a wedding
- Available in black, navy blue, bottle green, cream, and burgundy
- Choose between short, regular, and long length sleeves and available in chest sizes 34 inches to 68 inches