Our Sheriffmuir Doublet is made to order in Scotland from top quality 100% Barathea Wool. Set yourself apart with a Sheriffmuir jacket and vest. These doublets are beautifully tailored and perfect for any formal occasion.
- Made in Scotland
- 100% Barathea Wool
- Black, Navy Blue, Bottle Green, or Burgundy
- Sizes 38-56 Short, Regular, or Long
- Larger Sizes Available upon Request
The Sheriffmuir Doublet is a high-collared evening jacket, fastened at the top button with a curved cut-away front featuring 5 Celtic buttons on either side, 3 Celtic buttons on each cuff and epaulets with a Celtic button on each shoulder. There are flaps at the front and back with 3 Celtic buttons. See below for measuring instructions.
Jacket Measuring Instructions
The instructions below are going to differ from what you may have read elsewhere, but in our experience are going to result in the best fit. You can also order based on a jacket you already own that fits well, or go to a men’s store to be professionally measured.
- Extend your arms straight out from your body. Take a full breath and hold it. Have someone measure you around your chest under your arms. Lower your arms to your side and measure your chest. The larger of these two is your chest measurement which is your jacket size *.
- Strange but true: Your shoe size will determine your arm length. If you wear a size 9 or smaller, your jacket will be a SHORT. Shoe size 9-11 order a REGULAR. Larger than 11 order a LONG.
* A potential exception to this rule is if you have earned yourself a good size beer gut. If so, you might want to get a relaxed belly measurement as well. If your chest measurement is smaller than your belly measurement, you might want to go with the belly measurement as your jacket size. Your jacket will be looser in the shoulder, but comfortably fit your beer gut.