15oz Prince Charlie Jacket and Vest
Our 15oz Prince Charlie Jacket and vest is made in Scotland from 100% pure new 15oz heavy weight wool Barathea. Jackets and vests are made using a black silk lining with a thistle silhouette motif. Available in sizes 32-68 short, regular, and long.
- Made in Scotland
- Black silk lining with thistle silhouette
- 100% Pure new 15oz wool Barathea
- Chest sizes available in 34-68
- Sleeve length from Short, Regular, and Long
- Perfect for any Scottish dress occasion
Perfect for any Scottish dress occasion. The Prince Charlie is more formal than an Argyle Jacket. In both appearance and function, it is essentially the Scottish dress equivalent of a tuxedo. See below for measuring instructions.
Jacket Measuring Instructions
The instructions below are going to differ from what you may have read elsewhere, but in our experience are going to result in the best fit. You can also order based on a jacket you already own that fits well, or go to a men’s store to be professionally measured.
1) Extend your arms straight out from your body. Take a full breath and hold it. Have someone measure you around your chest under your arms. Lower your arms to your side and measure your chest. The larger of these two is your chest measurement which is your jacket size *.
2) Strange but true: Your shoe size will determine your arm length. If you wear a size 9 or smaller, your jacket will be a SHORT. Shoe size 9-11 order a REGULAR. Larger than 11 order a LONG.
* A potential exception to this rule is if you have earned yourself a good size beer gut. If so, you might want to get a relaxed belly measurement as well. If your chest measurement is smaller than your belly measurement, you might want to go with the belly measurement as your jacket size. Your jacket will be looser in the shoulder, but comfortably fit your beer gut.