15oz Argyle Vest
- SKU: AJAV
- Categories: Kilt Shirts and Jackets, Jackets and Vests
- Tags: Made in Scotland, Special-Order, Wool
- Made with 100% pure new 15 oz Barathea wool, made in Scotland
- Custom-made to your measurements and is nice and versatile enough for semi-formal and formal events
- Black silk lining with thistle silhouette motif and available in black, navy blue, burgundy, and bottle green
- Available in chest sizes 34 inches to 68 inches and available in short, regular, and long sleeve length. Smaller or Larger sizes available upon request
$125.00 – $170.00
15oz Argyle Vest
Perfect for any Scottish dress occasion, this vest is custom-made to your measurements and is nice, stylish, and made with 100% pure new 15 oz Barathea wool. It’s not as formal as a Prince Charlie formal jacket, but it is still nice and versatile enough for semi-formal and formal events.
Made in Scotland, it has a classic black silk lining with a subtle thistle silhouette. It is available in chest sizes 34 inches to 68 inches and short, regular, and long sleeve length. Smaller and larger sizes available on request. Choose from four colors: black, navy blue, burgundy, and bottle green. Each will look great paired with your favorite kilt!
Jacket Measuring Instructions
The instructions below are going to differ from what you may have read elsewhere, but in our experience are going to result in the best fit. You can also order based on a jacket you already own that fits well, or go to a men’s store to be professionally measured.
- Extend your arms straight out from your body. Take a full breath and hold it. Have someone measure you around your chest under your arms. Lower your arms to your side, take a deep breath and measure under your arms. The larger of the two is your chest measurement, which is your jacket size *.
- Strange but true: Your shoe size will determine your arm length. If you wear a size 9 or smaller, your jacket will be a SHORT. Shoe size 9-11 order a REGULAR. Larger than 11 order a LONG.
* A potential exception to this rule is if you have earned yourself a good size beer gut. If so, you might want to get a relaxed belly measurement as well. If your chest measurement is smaller than your belly measurement, you might want to go with the belly measurement as your jacket size. Your jacket will be looser in the shoulder, but comfortably fit your beer gut. Another way around this is to order the jacket based on your chest and your vest separately based on your waist.
Black, Bottle Green, Burgundy, Cream, Navy Blue
38 Short, 38 Regular, 38 Long, 40 Short, 40 Regular, 40 Long, 42 Short, 42 Regular, 42 Long, 44 Short, 44 Regular, 44 Long, 46 Short, 46 Regular, 46 Long, 48 Short, 48 Regular, 48 Long, 50 Short, 50 Regular, 50 Long, 52 Short, 52 Regular, 52 Long, 54 Short, 54 Regular, 54 Long, 56 Short, 56 Regular, 56 Long, 58 Short, 58 Regular, 58 Long
You may also like…
Update all similar products that you may like!
- Scottish-made with 15 oz heavyweight wool Barathea with a black silk lining with a thistle silhouette
- Classic and simple; perfect for any semi-formal and formal Scottish occasion
- Choose between three sleeve sizes: short, regular, and long; select one of three deep jewel tones: navy blue, bottle green, and burgundy
- Available in chest sizes 30-68
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Brian Baru Jacket and Vest, made in Scotland from 100% Barathea wool for Celtic authenticity
- Jacket and vest feature a rounded cut to convey distinctive Irish style at black-tie affairs
- Wear with a kilt or trousers and other formal accessories for ultimate Hibernian sophistication
- Custom-made to your measurements and available in an array of sizes in short, long, and regular for an elegant fit
- Ideal for formal occasions, the 15 oz Prince Charlie Jacket and Vest is 100% pure new wool Barathea
- This tuxedo-equivalent is made in Scotland for maximum authenticity;
- Black silk lining featuring a thistle silhouette motif confers a light touch of elegance
- Find just the right fit; available in Short, Regular, and Long sleeve lengths and chest sizes 30-68
- Made in Scotland with heavyweight (19 oz) Barathea wool and black silk lining with a charming Scottish thistle motif
- The Scottish equivalent of a tuxedo and perfect for formal or dress occasions such as a wedding
- Available in black, navy blue, bottle green, cream, and burgundy
- Choose between short, regular, and long length sleeves and available in chest sizes 34 inches to 68 inches
- Our Formal Kilt Shirt and Tie Set is perfect for weddings, proms, or other formal events.
- The shirt is made with a 55/45 poly and cotton blend. It has a wing collar and french cuffs.
- Size availability is small to 5XL (14.5 inch to 20 inch neck) and sleeves 34/35 or 36/37.
- Bow tie and studs included, so you don’t need to worry about cufflinks.