15oz Argyle Vest
- Made with 100% pure new 15 oz Barathea wool, made in Scotland
- Custom-made to your measurements and is nice and versatile enough for semi-formal and formal events
- Black silk lining with thistle silhouette motif and available in black, navy blue, burgundy, and bottle green
- Available in chest sizes 34 inches to 68 inches and available in short, regular, and long sleeve length. Smaller or Larger sizes available upon request
$125.00 – $170.00
15oz Argyle Vest
Perfect for any Scottish dress occasion, this vest is custom-made to your measurements and is nice, stylish, and made with 100% pure new 15 oz Barathea wool. It’s not as formal as a Prince Charlie formal jacket, but it is still nice and versatile enough for semi-formal and formal events.
Made in Scotland, it has a classic black silk lining with a subtle thistle silhouette. It is available in chest sizes 34 inches to 68 inches and short, regular, and long sleeve length. Smaller and larger sizes available on request. Choose from four colors: black, navy blue, burgundy, and bottle green. Each will look great paired with your favorite kilt!
Jacket Measuring Instructions
The instructions below are going to differ from what you may have read elsewhere, but in our experience are going to result in the best fit. You can also order based on a jacket you already own that fits well, or go to a men’s store to be professionally measured.
- Extend your arms straight out from your body. Take a full breath and hold it. Have someone measure you around your chest under your arms. Lower your arms to your side, take a deep breath and measure under your arms. The larger of the two is your chest measurement, which is your jacket size *.
- Strange but true: Your shoe size will determine your arm length. If you wear a size 9 or smaller, your jacket will be a SHORT. Shoe size 9-11 order a REGULAR. Larger than 11 order a LONG.
* A potential exception to this rule is if you have earned yourself a good size beer gut. If so, you might want to get a relaxed belly measurement as well. If your chest measurement is smaller than your belly measurement, you might want to go with the belly measurement as your jacket size. Your jacket will be looser in the shoulder, but comfortably fit your beer gut. Another way around this is to order the jacket based on your chest and your vest separately based on your waist.
38 Long, 38 Regular, 38 Short, 40 Long, 40 Regular, 40 Short, 42 Long, 42 Regular, 42 Short, 44 Long, 44 Regular, 44 Short, 46 Long, 46 Regular, 46 Short, 48 Long, 48 Regular, 48 Short, 50 Long, 50 Regular, 50 Short, 52 Long, 52 Regular, 52 Short, 54 Long, 54 Regular, 54 Short, 56 Long, 56 Regular, 56 Short, 58 Long, 58 Regular, 58 Short
You may also like…
Update all similar products that you may like!