15oz Argyle Jacket
- Custom-made to your measurements and nice and versatile enough for semi-formal and formal events (equivalent to a nice suit coat)
- Black silk lining with thistle silhouette motif, available in black, navy blue, burgundy, cream, and bottle green
- Made in Scotland with 100% pure new 15 oz Barathea wool
- Available in chest sizes 34 inches to 68 inches and available in short, regular, and of course long sleeve length
$369.00 – $414.00
15oz Argyle Jacket
Our versatile argyle jacket is a fine choice for all of your semi-formal and formal events. It is less formal than the Prince Charlie jacket and is considered the Scottish equivalent of a nice suit coat.
This jacket is custom-made in Scotland to your measurements with 100% 15 oz Barathea wool for a high-quality and authentic finish. You will love the classic black silk lining with a thistle silhouette for a subtle Celtic touch. It is available in chest sizes 34 inches to 68 inches and short, regular, and long sleeve length. Choose from five colors to pair with your favorite kilt!
Jacket Measuring Instructions
The instructions below are going to differ from what you may have read elsewhere, but in our experience are going to result in the best fit. You can also order based on a jacket you already own that fits well, or go to a men’s store to be professionally measured.
- Extend your arms straight out from your body. Take a full breath and hold it. Have someone measure you around your chest under your arms. Lower your arms to your side, take a deep breath and measure under your arms. The larger of the two is your chest measurement, which is your jacket size *.
- Strange but true: Your shoe size will determine your arm length. If you wear a size 9 or smaller, your jacket will be a SHORT. Shoe size 9-11 order a REGULAR. Larger than 11 order a LONG.
* A potential exception to this rule is if you have earned yourself a good size beer gut. If so, you might want to get a relaxed belly measurement as well. If your chest measurement is smaller than your belly measurement, you might want to go with the belly measurement as your jacket size. Your jacket will be looser in the shoulder, but comfortably fit your beer gut. Another way around this is to order the jacket based on your chest and your vest separately based on your waist.
|Jacket Size|| |
38 Regular, 38 Long, 38 Short, 40 Regular, 40 Long, 40 Short, 42 Regular, 42 Long, 42 Short, 44 Regular, 44 Long, 44 Short, 46 Regular, 46 Long, 46 Short, 48 Regular, 48 Long, 48 Short, 50 Regular, 50 Long, 50 Short, 52 Long, 52 Regular, 52 Short, 54 Long, 54 Regular, 54 Short, 56 Long, 56 Regular, 56 Short, 58 Long, 58 Regular, 58 Short
You may also like…
Update all similar products that you may like!