Don McKee Royal Lion Pin
Wearing this Royal lion pin will without a doubt make you stand out! Proudly show your courage, nobility, royalty, strength, stateliness and valour, while wearing this kilt pin. World famous for his work, Don McKee designed this beautiful royal lion pin, and it is unlike any other lion pin. Don McKee really took his time creating this kilt pin. He has outstanding attention to detail, just look at the decorative mane this lion has! Made from solid lead-free pewter, with antiqued finish. This kilt pin is also very strong and sturdy despite it’s ornate nature. Made in the USA. 2.5″ long.
- Solid lead-free pewter
- Antiqued finish
- Made in The U.S.
- Ornate Royal Lion
- 2.5″ Long
What does the Rampant Lion stand for?
The royal lion is shown as a profile of a lion standing upright and the forelegs are raised, claws unsheathed, as if to strike. The fierce and battle-strewn history of Scotland makes this the perfect symbol of Scottish pride! The lion was also incorporated into the Great Seal of Scotland which was placed on all official documents. When the royal coat of arms was being designed, the lion rampant was obviously incorporated, with the Latin motto “Nemo me impune lacessit” meaning “No one attacks me with impunity”. As always the Scots have another strong symbol that they stand behind.
What is a kilt pin?
Have you ever worn a kilt in a windy day? Yes, we all have and it can be quite nerving worrying about becoming the next Marilyn Monroe. Its a piece of jewelry that is worn on the lower corner of the outer apron of a kilt. The kilt pin adds weight to the outer apron, this prevent the apron blowing open and showing off too much leg. Kilt pins are also only seen as a form of decoration, therefore pick a kilt pin that represents who you are!
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Made in Scotland and features famous Scottish symbols of the rampant lions and the saltire flag
- Crisp, clean design that allows the artistry to be clearly seen—a true quality statement piece
- Solid cast brass buckle with antiqued silver finish
- Measures 4 inches by 3 inches and is compatible with all standard kilt belts (2.25 inches wide)
- The Don McKee Pewter Lion Kilt Belt Buckle is in the USA by famous artist Don McKee
- The rampant lion is one of Scotland’s most famous symbols, representing courage, nobility, and strength
- This piece measures 4 inches by 3 inches, making it compatible with all standard kilt belts
- Fine craftsmanship is seen throughout — negative space create the opportunity for your kilt to peek through
- High-quality black leather belt; pair with a kilt or anything else that requires a belt
- Made in Scotland by people who know a thing or two about kilt belts; pairs with any kilt belt buckle
- Elegant pebble finish makes this belt an interesting accessory without being too flashy
- Fastened together with comfortable velcro, this belt allows for greater adjustability; available in sizes small-XXXL
- The Irish Claddagh Kilt Belt Buckle is full of meaning–two hands (friendship) hold a heart (love), topped by a crown (loyalty)
- Measures approximately 4 inches x 3 inches with good, solid construction and compatible with any standard kilt belt (2.25 inches wide)
- Made in Scotland this cast brass belt buckle with antiqued silver finish for practicality and style
- The Celtic knot design represents eternity–celebrate unbroken continuity with your Irish heritage