Don McKee Royal Lion Pin
Wearing this Royal lion pin will without a doubt make you stand out! Proudly show your courage, nobility, royalty, strength, stateliness and valour, while wearing this kilt pin. World famous for his work, Don McKee designed this beautiful royal lion pin, and it is unlike any other lion pin. Don McKee really took his time creating this kilt pin. He has outstanding attention to detail, just look at the decorative mane this lion has! Made from solid lead-free pewter, with antiqued finish. This kilt pin is also very strong and sturdy despite it’s ornate nature. Made in the USA. 2.5″ long.
- Solid lead-free pewter
- Antiqued finish
- Made in The U.S.
- Ornate Royal Lion
- 2.5″ Long
What does the Rampant Lion stand for?
The royal lion is shown as a profile of a lion standing upright and the forelegs are raised, claws unsheathed, as if to strike. The fierce and battle-strewn history of Scotland makes this the perfect symbol of Scottish pride! The lion was also incorporated into the Great Seal of Scotland which was placed on all official documents. When the royal coat of arms was being designed, the lion rampant was obviously incorporated, with the Latin motto “Nemo me impune lacessit” meaning “No one attacks me with impunity”. As always the Scots have another strong symbol that they stand behind.
What is a kilt pin?
Have you ever worn a kilt in a windy day? Yes, we all have and it can be quite nerving worrying about becoming the next Marilyn Monroe. Its a piece of jewelry that is worn on the lower corner of the outer apron of a kilt. The kilt pin adds weight to the outer apron, this prevent the apron blowing open and showing off too much leg. Kilt pins are also only seen as a form of decoration, therefore pick a kilt pin that represents who you are!
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Cast brass belt buckle with antiqued silver finish and is embellished with Celtic Cross design
- Designed to fit all standard kilt belts, which are generally 2¼ inches wide and pairs perfectly with any Celtic outfit
- Measures approximately 4 inches x 3 inches and is a subtle accessory to pair with your kilt
- Wear the history of the Celtic cross to celebrate your Celtic heritage dating back to as early as the ninth century
- Cast brass with chrome plated finish
- Designed to fit all standard kilt belts (2.25″ wide)
- Measures Approx. 3.75″ X 2.75″
- Mirror level shine
- Circular Celtic knots dot the four corners
- A quality black leather belt that is classic, stylish, and perfect for any occasion
- Made in Scotland and is the standard size for kilt belts at 2¼ inches wide
- Comes with a comfortable strap and buckle closure
- Available in a variety of waist sizes 28 inches to 68 inches
- Our authentic Tartan Glengarries—Spring Weight are custom-made in Scotland from your choice of over 500 tartans.
- They’re perfect for casual to formal occasions. Leave the ribbons untied for historical accuracy.
- Made with spring weight (8 oz) premium wool, they’re available in sizes small to extra large.
- These versatile pieces are made to be worn by men and women. The cap badge is not included.