Chrome Dragon Sword Kilt Pin/Brooch
- SKU: KPW02
- Categories: Highland Accessories, Badges and Brooches, Sash and Plaid Brooches, Kilt Pins, Featured, Welsh Tartans and Stuff, The Magic of Beltane
- Tags: Chrome, Dragon, Pewter, Special-Order, Welsh
- About 4in long
- Made from Pewter with a Chrome finish
- Made in the UK
Tartan Jewelry Bag$10.00
- Customizable tartan jewelry gift bag
- Measures approximately 4inches wide by 5.5 inches long
- Pull string closure to keep your treasures safe
- bring tartan culture to everyday used
The Dragon has almost always been a symbol of the Britons, mostly known today in Wales, but also in other Brythonic parts of Britian, such as the West Country. The Dragon Rampant can be found as a heraldic supporter for many of the towns and families of Wales, as well as the flag of Somerset.
The proud and ancient battle standard of the Welsh is The Red Dragon (Y Ddraig Goch) and consists of a red dragon, passant (standing with one foot raised), on a green and white background. As with any ancient symbol, the appearance of the dragon has been adapted and changed over the years, and hence several different variations exist.
The current flag was officially adopted in 1959, and is based on an old royal badge used by British kings and queens since Tudor times. The red dragon itself has been associated with Wales for centuries, and as such, the flag is claimed to be the oldest national flag still in use. But why a dragon? The answer to that particular question is lost in history and myth.
One legend recalls Romano-British soldiers carrying the red dragon (Draco) to Rome on their banners in the fourth-century, but it could be even older than that.
It is considered that the Welsh kings of Aberffraw first adopted the dragon in the early fifth century in order to symbolise their power and authority after the Romans withdrew from Britain. Later, around the seventh century, it became known as the Red Dragon of Cadwaladr, king of Gwynedd from 655 to 682.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Embroidered Clan Crest Badges (Stock Clans), hand-embroidered and full color
- Measures Approx. 3 X 4 inches and three push pins spring clasps for secure latching
- Made of navy blue twill fabric on black felt with a stiff backing
- If you don’t see your clan listed here, please contact us. We can add clans with a minimum order of 3
- Our Law Enforcement Plaid Brooch is made in Scotland and cast in lead-free pewter
- This piece features an eagle atop a crest bearing the police motto “Protect and Serve,” and the scales of justice
- Measures approximately 3 inches
- This brooch boasts sapphire blue cubic zirconia gemstones