Add a hackle or two to your glengarry or balmoral for a splash of color! Lots of colors to choose from. The standard size hackles (most colors) have a feathered portion 5 inches tall. Each has a wire loop on the end to help attached it to your hat, for an overall length of about 7 inches. Made from chicken feathers, and dyed with vibrant color-fast dyes. (Chickens were harmed in the making of the hackles, and they were delicious.)
Note — Some colors currently in stock have feathers 3 or 4 inches tall. These are noted in the color-chooser. We are working with our suppliers to get all colors on the 5 inch standard. FYI, when we refer to the length of a hackle we are always talking about the feathered portion, not counting the wire loop.
- 13 color choices
- Vibrant and color-fast
- Won’t fade in the sun or bleed in the rain
- 5 inches tall standard feathers
- Wire loop for attaching the hackles to your hat
- 7 inches tall overall including wire loop
Historic Fusilier Regiments and Their Hackle Colors
- Lancashire Fusiliers: Primrose Yellow
- We carry this color as “Yellow”.
- Royal Fusiliers (City of London Regiment): White
- Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers: Grey
- Royal Irish Fusiliers: Green
- Royal Northumberland Fusiliers: Red over White AVAILABLE
- We carry this color with the name “Red & White”.
- Royal Scots Fusiliers: White
- Royal Warwickshire Fusiliers: Blue over Old Gold (Orange)
- Royal Welch Fusiliers: White
- Royal Munster Fusiliers: White over Green
- Royal Dublin Fusiliers: Green over Blue