Medium Weight Premium Wool Fly Plaid (catalog tartan list E)
Recommended as an accessory to match our Casual Kilts, Formal Kilts, and Phillabegs. As you can see from the picture, it is brooched at the shoulder and allowed to drape down the back. In general you want to choose a fly plaid made from the same fabric as your kilt.
The standard finish is about an inch of fringe on each cut end of the fabric — just enough to keep it from fraying. Other finishes are also available.
Note — Because these tartans are woven only 30″ wide, the sizes are different than many of the other fly plaids we offer.
Choose standard size (30″ x 54″) or XL (30″ x 72″). (Sizes are approximate and can vary by an inch or two.)
Woven in Scotland and made by us here in the USA. These fly plaids are made from 100% premium wool in your choice of medium weight (12/13 oz) tartan. Your choice of fringed or knotted finish.
Special Order. Please allow 6 -12 weeks for delivery.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Made in Scotland
- Made from Spring Weight (8oz) Premium Wool
- Choose from More Than 500 Tartans
- Cap Badge not Included
- Worn by Both Men and Women
- Woven in the UK
- Handmade in the USA
- Choice of Fringed or Knotted Finish
- Standard Size: Approx. 36″ x 58″
- XL Size: Approx. 54″ x 58″
- Medium Weight Poly/Viscose
- 80 Tartans to Choose from
- Hand-crafted from heavy weight leather
- Three straps with buckle closures
- Flared at the wrist and top of the forearm
- Made from quality leather
- Lined with soft leather for a comfortable fit