Classic Wrought Iron Penannular Brooch
- SKU: JPBI
- Categories: Accessories, Penannular Plaid Brooches, Ren Fair Collection, Celtic Pins and Brooches, Penannular Brooches, Seasonal Collections, Great Gifts Under $100, Holiday Gift Guide
- Tags: Iron, Penannular, Wrought
- Classic, historically accurate wrought iron penannular brooch with 3-inch diameter
- Hand-forged; each brooch has a unique look and is versatile for enough for any outfit
- Secures fly plaids, ancient kilt aprons, great kilt fabric, and other clothing items
- Resembles Penannular brooch worn by Jamie Fraser in OUTLANDER
Available on backorder
Tartan Jewelry Gift Bag$10.00
- Customizable tartan jewelry gift bag
- Measures approximately 4inches wide by 5.5 inches long
- Pull string closure to keep your treasures safe
- bring tartan culture to everyday used
This wrought iron penannular brooch, or “Celtic brooch,” is often used for fastening fly plaids, aprons of ancient kilts, and other clothing. You might recognize it is similar to the one that Jamie Fraser from OUTLANDER wears to fasten his great kilt, but it has its roots in the Celtic world as far back as 600 AD!
Sturdy enough to hold down a heavy kilt, scarf, or other clothing items, this brooch is simple, practical, and versatile enough to make its way onto all of your outfits, whether for daily use or at your next Renaissance Fair! Perfect for casual Highland dress, with its authentic and antique look, it will definitely make a statement.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Handmade in the USA
- Bronze or Sterling Silver
- Measures Approx. 2 5/8″ (68 mm)
- Cat Head Terminals
- Pewter Thistle Brooch, symbolizing Scotland’s national flower
- This eye-catching brooch is finished with a brilliant rhodium plating and measures approximately 1.5 inches wide
- Perfect as a gift or a beautiful addition for yourself
- The brooch goes excellent with a sash, dress, or shirt, for formal or informal occasions
- Longstanding Scottish symbolism abounds in this brooch. The luckenbooth (representing loyalty, love, and friendship) nestled into a Scottish thistle (representing the bravery and nobility of Scotland)
- Made from solid, polished pewter and measures 1.5 inches wide at its widest point
- Fine intricate detailing and a quality-made accessory to wear on any occasion
- Great gift for a dear friend, loved one, or relative to connect with Celtic roots and heritage
- Coming in two options, bronze or silver, this brooch is a complementary addition to your kilt.
- The 2 ⅝ inch size showcases the beauty in the details of this penannular brooch.
- The raven head terminals are reminiscent of Odin’s ravens, Hugin and Munin, the bringers of the latest news and information.
- The brooch is handmade, showcasing the fine craftsmanship of our American friends.