Stories of the Highland Clearances
The brutal betrayal of the Scots. This true story of 19th century Scotland, a time of cruelty and deception, will stir the blood and arouse both anger and pride.
Man’s inhumanity to man is brought sharply into focus as entire communities are swept away so that the land can be sold to southern sheep farmers. Betrayed by their clan chiefs and clergy, families are scattered to every corner of the globe.
Lorie’s description of this book is “depressing, but fascinating”.
127 pages, soft-cover, printed in Scotland. Measures 5 1/4″ x 8 1/4″.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Our handmade, soft, 100% cotton Celtic Knot Book Bags are embellished with a Celtic knot design
- Choose from black, red, green, or purple according to your style
- They’re hand-dyed, so each bag is unique with a zip closure that keeps your books (or other belongings) secure
- The body of the bag measures 10 inches tall and 15 inches wide. Keep your bag close with an approximately 17 inch long strap
- Includes the informative Whiskypedia book and two specialized whisky glasses
- Written by Charles MacLean who is said to be Scotlands leading Whisky expert
- Color Photos of Each Bottle of Whisky
- 383 Pages, Soft cover