Grey OUTLANDER Inspired Fleece Scots Bonnet
- Inspired by the Scots Bonnets, or Tam O’Shanter, worn in the hit show Outlander: The Series and those worn by Scottish workmen in the 16th century
- One size fits all with a drawstring
- Choose between three rustic colors to match your favorite tartan: Dark Brown, Light Brown, and Highland Grey
- Made of 100% synthetic, water-resistant fleece; soft, comfortable, and feels like premium wool
Out of stock
OUTLANDER Inspired Fleece Scots Bonnet
Inspired by the hats traditionally worn by Scotsmen in the 16th to 18th centuries and on the hit show Outlander: The Series, this Scots Bonnet is sure to complement any tartan. Choose between three rustic colors: Dark Brown, Light Brown, and Highland Grey. This Scots Bonnet is made of 100% synthetic, water-resistant fleece. It is so soft and comfortable that it feels like it is made from premium wool.
Scots Bonnets, or Tam O’Shanters, were an integral part of a Scotsman’s attire. Wear this piece of history, complete any Highlander outfit, and pay homage to your heritage.
The Blue Bonnets of 16th Century Scotland
We make our Scots Bonnets similar to those worn in OUTLANDER, but also like the blue bonnets worn by Scottish workmen and farmers in the 16th century, specifically in the Lowlands. The popularity of this hat spread into the Highlands by 1700. At this time, people knew Highlanders by the thick, blue or grey, wool bonnets they wore. In the 18th century, the Scots Bonnet was the main item of clothing used to identify a Scotsman, even more so than tartan. That makes our OUTLANDER Inspired Scots Bonnet just as important for you to wear as our kilts!
The blue bonnet was popular during the time period that OUTLANDER is set in, so this hat likely inspired the Scots bonnets worn in OUTLANDER. They are larger than the balmorals, and Kilmarnock bonnets that became popular in later centuries.
This blue bonnet was also associated with Jacobitism, therefore, our Scots Bonnet (especially in Midnight Blue) is perfect to wear in combination with our Premium Jacobite Shirt, and Jacobite Lowlander Reiver Sporran. There is even a whole Jacobite song called “Blue Bonnets Over the Border”, written down by Sir Walter Scott.
TM & © 2019 Sony Pictures Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Include products updated are similar or are same of quality
- Wear this tartan hat as a driving cap or golf cap; add a splash of tartan to your everyday wardrobe
- Crafted in a spring weight, approximately 8 ounces; sturdy structure, but will keep you cool
- Made in Scotland from 100% premium wool for true Scottish authenticity
- Choose from over 500 different tartan patterns according to your preference; perfect for mens’ or ladies’ wear
- Made in Scotland
- Made from Spring Weight (8oz) premium wool
- Size Small (6.75)
- MacLachlan Modern Tartan
- This Tartan Driving Cap or Golf Cap—Light Weight is durable for a day on the links. Perfect for everyday wear!
- Choose from over 500+ clan and non-clan tartans. Display your Celtic heritage in style.
- The cap is made with 11 oz premium lightweight wool. It’s available in sizes XS to 2XL.
- This high quality accessory is made in Scotland with fine craftsmanship.